Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MAME4IPHONE no longer avail.- HELP!!

Default MAME4IPHONE no longer avail.- HELP!!
    Preferably, can anyone put up a link or upload a deb file of mame4iphone v1.0.0? Zodttd has taken the emulator down for legal reasons, and not knowing this I had to restore and now am out one of my favorite apps. There are links around for v.5, but it doesn't run on the iPhone. I do have the 'mame4iphone.app' file zipped on my computer but it won't seem to install. I think it needs a info list file in the var/lib/dpkg/info directory like the other emulators seem to have. Just re-copying the app file/directory back to the applications directory doesn't work. The app icon pops up on the springboard, but the app will not function.
    I also tried renaming the zipped file of mame4iphone to an .ipa file and use ********** to install 'dirty'. The program worked fine, but would not -and could not seem to find the roms. So I'm stuck and would like any and all help. Please if anyone could offer some ideas, suggestions, links or even just a deb version of v1.0.0 it would be most greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Copying the mame4iphone.app folder into the /var/stash/Applications.pwn folder does work. I have done it. All you have to do is set the mame4iphone file in the folder to 0777. And then respring.

....wish I knew what I was doing wrong. UGH.

lost my mame4iphone app too after restore. Could you please post link to your zipped app. Many thanks...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eZee For This Useful Post:

HurricaneHacker (08-28-2009)

Default This copy may work
    I haven't loaded it yet to see if this is the same binary, but the download works.

http://bbs.weiphone.com/job.php?acti...821&aid=164621

Thanks for the link, unfortunately it's not the v1.0 binary which is needed for OS 3.0

"legal reasons" you're always crying over people posting links to cracked apps because it's illegal, yet you're linking to an emulator that's illegal to use.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    "legal reasons" you're always crying over people posting links to cracked apps because it's illegal, yet you're linking to an emulator that's illegal to use.
    I don't get it why is it illegal to use?

source: http://repo.beyouriphone.com

Here is MAME v1.0.0 available in cydia. You have to install a source which I think is in/out of Italy. Then search 'mame', install and enjoy. There is no telling how long this package will stay up. Act fast!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHacker For This Useful Post:

generalsnake (09-26-2009)

Thanks

Technically, Zod receive a legal threat from MAME Team which is why he stop working on it until they stop the threat or make it legal.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!