Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help
    Hi,

I've been browsing the internet for days now and I'm not able to find what I'm looking for,.. So I was kind of hoping someone here is able to provide some help

I'm looking for an application similar to "NTVMSNBC" which is available for free from the Apple Store for my iPhone3GS (firmware 3.0),.. however I want to be able to change the urls/link (6 in total) and some of the grafics in the package,..

I've installed it on my iphone3GS, and went looking for NTVMSNBC.app in the applications folder on my iphone; but its not there

HELP

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -current.png   -newlauncher.png  

App store apps are stored in folders with really random names. when u ssh into ur iPod it will be called something like RHDKSK39579dhgkdk in the applications folder. Unfortunately, you have to search through each of these folders. inside the randomly named folder is the (Logically named) app folder and the app's data.

^ Mostly right but they aren't randomly named those are the serial numbers for the applications. When you SSH in the location is "/private/var/mobile/Applications"
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

ddonuts4 (08-23-2009)

Oh, that makes sense

Thanks
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 08-23-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, that helped al lot. I found the folder where the program data was located; unfortunately I cant read the files and I have no idea how to recode/reverse engineer- let alone rewrite these files;

Any coders around that could lend a hand?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2009-08-24_024308.png  

you could try opening the text files with notepad, and see what u can do. Ive played around a little with the .plist files, but never really changed much.
    also, some images in app files seem to be openable, but others don't. I dont know why, but i think theyre encoded or something.