Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App that fixes Bottom Row Digitizer Issues

Exclamation App that fixes Bottom Row Digitizer Issues
    Hey mates

i have an iphone 2g that's bottom row digitizer doesn't seem to work properly.

If someone has software that can re-arrange the digitizer so that one can use the bottom row (bottom keyboard row, bottom icons safari, mail, ipod, phone etc.) than it will sell like wild fire!

Anything out there that is similar to what is described?

Cheers,
    iConvert

a app that fixes the digitizer?

good luck lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

thanks for the lulz

lol after reading it seemed a bit off..

well what i meant to say was software that can move the entire screen upwards so the bottom row can be functional again.

I know it can be done as there are software to fix the HTC p4000's digitizer issue.

Cheers,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default This tool allows you to adjust the digitizer touch placement calibration
    There is an app that adjusts the sensor positioning when you touch the screen. So if you have a small area (say on the lower 1/8th of your screen common on 2G for example) you can adjust the digitizer to make it actually sense the touch and position it slightly under (or above) where your finger is actually touching on the screen.

This is not the greatest solution obviously, but might help some people that only have a narrow horizontal band that is dead. If you move it too much from the true original positioning though, it makes typing on the keyboard a real pain!

More info and the needed plist files are at the link below. Look at the page carefully, it was originally talking about older firmwares, but there are plist downloads for 3.0. I actually used it on a 2G running 3.0.1 and it worked fine. Oddly the article says this tool adjusts sensitivity of the digitizer, but I didn't find that to be the case. It is actually more of a positioning tool from what I could tell.

iPhone Touchscreen Fix: Increase Sensitivity

BTW I actually used iPhone browser to copy the 2 plist files into the appropriate directory, made it quick and easy. These plist files will add a "Touch" category within your general settings menu that lets you easily make the adjustment to your digitizer. It also has and area of test sliders within the tool to help you tweak the settings easily.

Hope this helps!