Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM #1send/receive serial data to verizon phone from touch
Hey, so long story short I want to hack a verizon phone and use a microcontroller to command it. The microcontroller would be commanded by the touch. Something like what i have listed below:
1. verizon phone recieves call.
2. microcontroller recieves signal from phone's ringer.
3. microsontroller sends serial (other?) data to itouch.
4. itouch 'turns on' with slide to answer showing.
5. user slides to answer call.
6. screen changes to (3rd party) call app.
7. itouch sends serial to microcontroller saying call is answered.
8. microcontroller selects 'send' button on verizon phone.
The microcontroller and phone hacking are pretty straight forward....ish. Difficult but doable. The question is whether or not a touch can do this.
I have a lot more details on another post, but not very seful replies...
07-31-2009, 04:22 PM #2
Why the double post?I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM #3
because my replies in the other section were rather useless... So I specified my question from "is the entire thing possible" to "can an app do what I would need it to do"?