Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Digital Vibrance for the iPhone 3GS?

Threaded View

Default Digital Vibrance for the iPhone 3GS?
    Sorry if this is the wrong section... it's my first post here.

Anyways, I just upgraded from the iPhone 3G to 3GS yesterday, and I was quite disappointed to find that the screen used on my 3GS does not produce the same vivid colors that my iPhone 3G did. At first I thought maybe I was just being paranoid, but after extended usage I can definitely tell that the screen's colors looked more "washed out," and it's not a brightness issue.

I ran across a thread in another forum addressing the same issue, and apparently I'm not the only one that noticed it.
    3G Screen vs 3GS Screen Color Tone? - The iPhone Blog Forums

Anyways, I'll get to the point. nVidia drivers have an option for their video cards called "Digital Vibrance," which artificially boosts the color saturation and makes things look considerably better when used in moderation. Is the same sort of thing possible (or already achieved) for the iPhone?

Edit:

Ok I just found another slightly related article. Apparently a similar issue happened between the 2G and 3G iPhones, and the colors of the screen were changed during a firmware update, so perhaps this is indeed changeable?

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...llow-tinge.ars
    Last edited by ChrisG683; 07-27-2009 at 09:16 AM.