Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nike + Ipod Amp+ remote

Default Using Nike amp remote for other apps
    I just bought a Nike Amp+ watch remote for my Iphone when I go running. Iím kind of disappointed in the fact that you can only use the remote through the Nike + Ipod app. It would be very nice to be able to use it in the normal Ipod mode and so you donít have to have the sensor with you all the time. I'm sure there's a lot of other apps that it could be useful for. Iíve done some searches and havnít been able to find anything that would allow you to do that.

What the Amp+ is
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=downloads

non flash site
    Apple | Nike Amp+ Sport Remote Control | TP526LL/A | B&H Photo
    Last edited by crk213; 07-27-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you'll find it would be near impossible for the watch to work with OUT the sensor seeing as the iPhone doesn't have the necessary ability to pick up the signals.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Nike + iPod User Guide
    Follow these instructions to get started using Nike + iPod right away.
    Step 1: Enable Nike + iPod on your device.
    iPod nano:
    Attach the Nike + iPod receiver to iPod nano. Nike + iPod appears in the
    main menu.

iPhone 3G S and iPod touch:
    Choose Settings > Nike + iPod and set it to On.
    A Nike + iPod icon appears on the Home screen.
    Note: iPhone 3G S and iPod touch have an internal receiver; no externally attached receiver is required

The remote also links up without the receiver.

You can use a Nike+ compatible remote (sold separately) to control Nike + iPod wirelessly while you work out. Before using a remote for the first time, you must link it to your iPod nano receiver, iPhone 3G S, or iPod touch.

To link to a Nike+ compatible remote (sold separately):
    iPod nano:
    Connect your Nike + iPod receiver to your iPod nano, choose Nike + iPod >Settings > Sensor > Link, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

iPhone 3G S and iPod touch:
    Choose Settings > Nike + iPod > Remote, and then follow
    the onscreen instructions

The sensor I'm talking about is the one you put in your shoe to record your steps. You need it to start a work out in the Nike +Ipod app and until you start the work out you cant use the remote.

I also would love an app like this....
    It links up without the shoe reciever/sender so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible.... i created a temporary fix but doesnt work very well using backgrounder and running the nike app in the background....
    Can someone please help?