+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keychain Access.app

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
It would be nice to see this app or something similar so that those of us who have forgotten email passwords or need to edit the file to allow a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Keychain Access.app
    It would be nice to see this app or something similar so that those of us who have forgotten email passwords or need to edit the file to allow a Cert or something can do so.

I for one lost an email account password and the company (Yahoo) refuses to help with it's recovery as they only want the password that is on it now (which I don't know other wise I wouldn't be asking), or they want the recovery questions which were set over 10 years ago (They have also long been forgotten).

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not sure about how the iPhones generates it's paswords --- but if it's anything like Unix, cracking a password requires the brute-force method. It can be done, but it takes like forever on fast CPUs. I tried it just for fun a few years back .... and after a couple weeks of crunching ...... decided it wasn't worth the trouble. As least for the iPhone we can delete the keychain-2.db file and get back in, but that doesn't help with forgotten (or extracting) passwords. Sorry.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JakeyBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

sound feasible... dont think wed need to hack anything though, just the right code...

Might help
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"