+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnplayer (or equivalent) for 3.0 / 3GS

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
i have a 3gs. i have never actually used pwnplayer, only seen the youtube demo, but i LOVE the idea of a fully functional media player that is completely independent
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Pwnplayer (or equivalent) for 3.0 / 3GS
    i have a 3gs. i have never actually used pwnplayer, only seen the youtube demo, but i LOVE the idea of a fully functional media player that is completely independent of itunes. unfortunately, pwnplayer doesn't work on my 3gs (or with the 3.0 firmware at all as far as i understand).

i have tried dtunes, mplayer, avplayer, and vlc4iphone. dtunes is the best of the four but still nowhere near the level of functionality of pwnplayer or the native app.

of course i would love to use the native app, but i refuse to install itunes on my computer, winamp's ipod plugin doesn't support my 3gs yet, and none of the other programs advertised out there that claim to support 3gs actually do it for free.

i would love to see either a) pwnplayer updated for 3.0 or b) dtunes/mplayer/avplayer/vlc4iphone/some other app be upgraded to the level of functionality of pwnplayer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sadly, it doesn't seem pwnplayer will be updated as it hadn't been updated in quite some time and I don't think they'll start now. I liked the fact that I could play downloaded songs AND songs from my music library in one same app. dTunes didn't offer that, only downloaded music. Hopefully something will come out to takes PwnPlayer's place.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's on hiatus for now:

PwnPlayer currently on hiatus
    errrick