Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS or missed call VISUAL notify while in sleep mode.

Default SMS or missed call VISUAL notify while in sleep mode.
    I'm talking about a visual NOT audio notification.

On my Blackberry, there is a little LED light on it that blinks if I have a missed call/SMS/email/task etc. It is very handy if I am away from my phone and someone calls, I can visually see that without having to wake the phone up. It is especially handy in the car since I often leave the phone on silent.

The ideal thing would to let the screen stay in sleep mode and have a small area, maybe the size of a pencil eraser blink every 30 seconds or so.

If there is already something like this out there, please let me know.

Wow...I had this thought yesterday. I was searching some other things for SP3.0 and found this site. Was browsing these post and saw yours.

I was going to suggest the very same thing...exactly.

Just a small area in the upper left or right that would blink when you have a missed call/sms/email, etc. Mainly for calls and SMS since email delivery is a joke anyway.

I wish/hope/would pay money for such a feature.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i had that feature on my old flip samsung phones and i missed it a lot. but then i got status notifier for my phone a while back and i love it. you can just look at your lock screen (dont even need to unlock it) and it has a little notification icon by the battery

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    i had that feature on my old flip samsung phones and i missed it a lot. but then i got status notifier for my phone a while back and i love it. you can just look at your lock screen (dont even need to unlock it) and it has a little notification icon by the battery
    I have that (or something like it) as well, but you still have to turn the phone on to see it.

What I/we really want is a small flashing area in the window that would blink at various intervals w/out having to touch the phone and/or wake it up.

Like this:

Funny this is never something I thought about when I had my first 3G, but since I switched back from the Bold to the 3GS, I actually mentioned this exact thing to my wife the first day I had my iPhone again. It's pretty useful IMO.

edwilk- That is exactly what I had in mind. It doesn't need to say if it is a missed call or sms, just needs to let you know "hey, you missed something, wake me up to see what it is".

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I have that (or something like it) as well, but you still have to turn the phone on to see it.

What I/we really want is a small flashing area in the window that would blink at various intervals w/out having to touch the phone and/or wake it up.
    kadinh- It needs to be on the sleep screen. I had two missed calls from 3 hours ago this morning because I walked away from my desk for a few minutes and hadn't woken it up when I got back to check it. I'm sick of having to check it constantly. And my friends with iphones are the same way. They are always the last to get back to me because they didn't even know I had sent them a message.