Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Native App Request: Coversion calculator

Default Native App Request: Coversion calculator
    I have a request of anyone who has the capability (sadly I don't, though I am in awe of all of you who do), an application that calculates conversions from Metric to English systems, and possibly of currencies - similar to the calculator on the Blackberry. Perhaps someone can quickly port over the mac calculator app that includes most of the functionality I mentioned.

That is a great idea. I do a lot of traveling to Europe for work. It would be great to have any app that did Imperial to metric

This is a web site. You can do all these conversion now using Safari on the iphone. Is there a reason why this it needs to be a native app?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

someone has been working on an iPhone native calculator replacement... It's called IPHCalc or something... I think as of now, it doesn't add many features , but they were planning on adding conversion from binary to hex to decimal and percentages and stuff... I'm sure they would through in a metric to standard conversion..

Quote Originally Posted by scrowner View Post
    This is a web site. You can do all these conversion now using Safari on the iphone. Is there a reason why this it needs to be a native app?

Web apps will NEVER even compete with native apps in my book ...so yeah a native app would be nice. I would never use a site to do it. Otherwise I would just use google to do it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scrowner View Post
    what if i'm in my basement with no reception and i NEED to convert something now. there is NEVER a reason why a useful app should not exist.

Is there possibly a widget that can do this? I'm still yet to download and try install a widget

The best Calculator that I have seen and it has pull down options menus is 1 CALC. It would be great to find an calculator application like that one.

+1 for the Calc app.

Reako