Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to check email / display calendar appointments / weather / etc from Lockscreen

Thanks

Default App to check email / display calendar appointments / weather / etc from Lockscreen
    Basically an app like Intelliscreen - that isn't Intelliscreen (I refuse to use it due to the hideoous bloatware that is Rock).

So yeah - something which allows me to check my email inbox from the Lockscreen (with a button on there to refresh/recheck the inbox without having to go into the actual mail app itself) - and the ability to open emails.

Also to show upcoming calendar events and also weather details for a specified location.

To be honest with you, I don't see how this would execute.

You only have the size of a credit card to work with, How would anyone pull this off?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tacobeans1234 View Post
    To be honest with you, I don't see how this would execute.

You only have the size of a credit card to work with, How would anyone pull this off?
    i take it you haven't seen intelliscreen

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

i use remind you. true, it only does calendar events, but its better than nothing

Green Apple
    Thanks
    like this?

lock screen info

Thanks

Tried LockScreen Info - an absolute ball ache to setup properly and you csn't refresh the email or even open messages straight from the Lock Screen - you have to go back into the phone to do that

Thanks

You can include mail, sms, news feeds, calendar events, sport feeds, weather and more. With Intellisceeen

Intelliscreen is much better now than it used to be. To not use it because you have to install 1 additional app to keep up with updates, well... I don't see the issue with that.

Thanks

Have also had battery drain issues with Intelliscreen before as well (had the demo version on the 3G and it wasn't good).

That and when I came to uninstall Intelliscreen from the device I had to end up doing a full restore to get rid of the Rock stuff as it bricked the phone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WCR4_6 View Post
    Tried LockScreen Info - an absolute ball ache to setup properly and you csn't refresh the email or even open messages straight from the Lock Screen - you have to go back into the phone to do that
    i don't think it's hard to set up at all, and email and other things refresh automatically. But, you're right that you can't actually interact with any of the items - i think you're going to have to go with intelliscreen if you want that functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    i take it you haven't seen intelliscreen
    Jesus on ice skates!

That's on Cydia?!

so you dont want intelliscreen which works fine and easy to setup - rockapp is just a standalone app that installs intelliscreen - it doesnt run any processes in the background, so its not bloatware - just an extra step to inconvenience you.

and you dont want to spend 15 minutes to setup lockscreen, which is free and uses winterboard

what the hell are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by ranova View Post
    so you dont want intelliscreen which works fine and easy to setup - rockapp is just a standalone app that installs intelliscreen - it doesnt run any processes in the background, so its not bloatware - just an extra step to inconvenience you.

and you dont want to spend 15 minutes to setup lockscreen, which is free and uses winterboard

what the hell are you looking for?
    I agree, There's plenty of other options for you.

Don't be lazy.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

OH i like the way lockscreen info looks. is taht the name? i can't find it in cydia...