Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
3rd Party Apps Requestsforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
Surely someone can do this...hell i would pay 20 dollars for the app if it made video rec. just like the iphone 3gs..who wouldnt pay....
07-01-2009, 05:42 AM #1
Will their ever be video recording and editing on the iphone 3g
Surely someone can do this...hell i would pay 20 dollars for the app if it made video rec. just like the iphone 3gs..who wouldnt pay.
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM #2
Well there was cycorder and videorecorder3g. Both worked on a 3g phone running 2.x
have you tried them?
07-06-2009, 11:34 AM #3
Yeah, there's always been a video recorder for the iPhone 3G when you jailbroke your iPhone.
I don't know about a video editor though.
07-07-2009, 09:41 AM #4
07-08-2009, 06:17 AM #5
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM #6
the creator of cycorder would have to edit it and somehow add a editor to the code. Its beyond me how to do it, but im sure there would be a way to access the "frames" of the recorded video and edit them...
Then what would be awesome is if, after this was done, you could email it directly from cycorder(and eventually mms it)
07-08-2009, 07:27 PM #7apples 3gs iphone video on the 2g/3g... sort of/almost
Actually it's closer then you think... On another site. the iSpazio team figured out that if you replace the M68AP.plist file on the 3G/2G with the same file from a 3GS iphone... you get the apple's video camera option like on the 3GS... well sort of. (if you decide to try this make a copy of your original M68AP.plist file to use to put back on your 2g/3g iphone after you try this or you will not be able to use your camera)
I tried it and it works... sort of. when you go to camera after doing this... you go to camera roll and at the top you have "photos/videos/all" and in the bottom right corner a still camera and video camera option. and when you watch the .mov file it has the video frame bar so you can edit the video.
the catch? the shutter on the camera stays closed. zo you can't take a pic or make a video. nor will 3rd party apps be able to take photos either.
another plus i went to my twittelator app and tapped the "video" button under the "new tweet" page. before i switched the files the app said "must have iphone 3GS to use video option." After replacing the file and then hitting "record video" the video camera pops up, but once again the shutter remains shut.
we are getting closer... soon very soon.
below are the steps to play with this. Not sure what the link posting rules are exactly on this forum. but if you pm me i'll send you in the right direction or give ya the files or something. REMEMBER to backup your iphones original .plist file or your camera won't work afterwards!
MUST HAVE A JAILBROKEN PHONE and openSSH... and of course fugu or the like.
here you go!
Download These Files :
Procedure to Activate Video Camera in iPhone 2G/3G OS 3.0 :
1. Download the M68AP.plist file to your desktop and connect your iPhone via SSH and navigate to/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
2. Now find the M68AP.plist file and rename it to M68AP.bak.plist file and leave it on your iPhone, or yoou can also make a copy it to somewhere on your computer . Next copy the M68AP.plist file one you downloaded on your computer from the link given above into your iPhone.
3. Move the video (MOV format) you downloaded fro the link above to / var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
4. Now respring your iPhone from SBSettings.
5. Start the camera and click the button at the bottom left to open CameraRoll. You’ll notice a new subdivision in “All Photos and Videos” and you can start the movie that you have previously uploaded.
6. Now you can select the area you are interested in and trim the movie.