Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0... now what apps work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question 3.0... now what apps work?
    I've jailbroken my 16gig 3G iPhone so now I'm running 3.0...

There are several apps that I cannot find or will not work. Can someone suggest apps, from the App store or Cydia, that can do the following???

- Add photos to the Apple contacts list.
    - Add icons to the springboard for quick dialing, using people/photos in my contact list
    - The five row keyboard doesn't seem to work in 3.0. Any update/replacement for this?
    - The top info bar on my screen disappears. This is probably due to something in Winterboard. Any ideas why this is happening?
    - Notifier should put icons on my lock screen when I have email, etc. It does not appear to be working. ANy fix or replacement?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Calab; 06-26-2009 at 10:02 AM.

FIverow keyboad?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like this:

Thanks

^ that's genius!
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

- Add photos to the Apple contacts list.

I'm using Cyntact which is a paid app from the Cydia Store. It's only a buck though and it gets the job done. Plus it's made by Saurik so you know it's good.

- Add icons to the springboard for quick dialing, using people/photos in my contact list

I'm pretty sure I ran into an app or a feature that allows something like this. But I ignored it cause I don't want to flood my SpringBoard with more unnecessary icons. Sorry.

- The five row keyboard doesn't seem to work in 3.0. Any update/replacement for this?

Wow, first time I've seen that. But I'd be quite surprised if you could find something like that for 3.0 since no one can seem to simply change styles for the keyboard... yet.

- The top info bar on my screen disappears. This is probably due to something in Winterboard. Any ideas why this is happening?

I ran into that problem and read about other people running into it also on these forums. Where if you go into certain apps it'll make your status bar disappear. I'm pretty sure it only does that with certain themes. It happened to me when I tried using the Gruppled theme, but I've been using Glasklart for awhile now with no problems at all.

- Notifier should put icons on my lock screen when I have email, etc. It does not appear to be working. ANy fix or replacement?

Not sure if you're using Status Notifier or Notifier/Reminder. I'm using Notifier (Notifier on Cydia, but labeled as Reminder once downloaded onto the SpringBoard) and it works perfectly for me. If you want notifications on the actual LockScreen area (not just the status bar) I'm using Lockinfo which I absolutely love! Screenshot below.

Last edited by xrdxkunx; 07-19-2009 at 11:37 AM.