Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Request: VOIP App

  1. #1
    Default Request: VOIP App
    We need a VOIP app, possibly based off Gizmo Project or anything else. SIP possibly.

    I think that the community would greatly appreciate such an app. Possibly we could even start a bounty for the first fully functional VOIP app that can call a landline phone.

    Thanks,
    Tom

  2. #2
    This sounds like a great idea. It's too bad I only know 1 person with VOIP.

  3. #3
    I want this badly since I run my own Asterisk server at home. It would be awesome to be able to use it to make all my calls.

  4. #4
    I don't even use my iPhone as a phone. I have a 2 yr contract with sprint on a treo 700wx and their data is faster.

    So I just got a T-Mobile prepaid plan for $25 every 3 months if I need to use it as a phone.

    But i would use it as a phone a lot more if I could use it with Skype, Gizmo or asterisk through WIFI.

  5. #5
    BIG BUMP
    Sip app for iphone please
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,337
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    skype anyone?
     Think Different

  7. #7
    A Generic SIP client, like X-Lite for example, would be amazing.

  8. #8
    Default Its available now
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    skype anyone?

    Check it out, made a call last night it it worked perfectly, only problem is they want a fee for continued use but its not much


    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...latform=iphone


    hope you find it to your liking

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

    glustic (11-01-2007)

  10. #9
    Skype blows, we need a real native app, an open ended sip client. And to those who don't understand, there are ways to make free voip calls to any phone, over wifi, it does not have to be another voip user. And if you are afraid of free,() there are many ways to make very cheap calls to any phone with a prepaid voip account. .01c-.03c a min. And if we had a configurable SIP app then YOU could choose which company you wanted to use. Intead of being locked to Skype, Trufone.....or any one service.
    Last edited by mojojojo; 10-31-2007 at 03:53 PM.
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    Skype blows, we need a real native app, an open ended sip client. And to those who don't understand, there are ways to make free voip calls to any phone, over wifi, it does not have to be another voip user. And if you are afraid of free,() there are many ways to make very cheap calls to any phone with a prepaid voip account. .01c-.03c a min.
    not promoting it , just metioned it was out there for the guy who asked

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    not promoting it , just metioned it was out there for the guy who asked
    I wasn't directing that to you, just everyone in general...
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Check it out, made a call last night it it worked perfectly, only problem is they want a fee for continued use but its not much


    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...latform=iphone


    hope you find it to your liking
    Thats actually very cool! I had no clue we had this kind of functionality atm. Thanks for posting that link!
    8GB 3G iPhone


    • Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to glustic For This Useful Post:

    ericidle (11-07-2007)

  15. #13
    Vote on how much you are willing to donate for this app to be released next week...


    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?p=112770

  16. #14
    an open source vo ip app will be best so that i can use other companies then skype. As my ISP give me free calls to europe and us via voip.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •