+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with katra weather app???

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I just got the katra weather app from Cydia and it seems pretty cool - I like having the weather on my lockscreen. The only thing is that I would
    Thanks

Default help with katra weather app???
    I just got the katra weather app from Cydia and it seems pretty cool - I like having the weather on my lockscreen. The only thing is that I would prefer that it doesn't have that big image on my lockscreen. Can any of you guys give me some insight as to how to change the code so that it will just say the city name, temp, and weather condition at the bottom of the lockscreen without the image?

I tried to make a tiny, 1x1 image and rename that to the current weather condition, but the application blows that image up to the normal size of the other image so I have a big white box. Then I tried going in to the "configure me" file and comment out the section that looked like it was about icons, but that took everything (including the temp and city) out. Then I tried looking at the stylesheet code and comment out a couple of things there - still didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

mayb try intelliscreen or how ever its spelled tht might help. but wut i use n isnt as detailed as ur's is but katra based weather ico theme n weather icon it puts tha temp n a pic of wut its doin outside. jus a suggestion
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElGriton's Avatar
    Come the Apocalypse I shall be Omnipresent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by niqolas619 View Post
    I just got the katra weather app from Cydia and it seems pretty cool - I like having the weather on my lockscreen. The only thing is that I would prefer that it doesn't have that big image on my lockscreen. Can any of you guys give me some insight as to how to change the code so that it will just say the city name, temp, and weather condition at the bottom of the lockscreen without the image?

I tried to make a tiny, 1x1 image and rename that to the current weather condition, but the application blows that image up to the normal size of the other image so I have a big white box. Then I tried going in to the "configure me" file and comment out the section that looked like it was about icons, but that took everything (including the temp and city) out. Then I tried looking at the stylesheet code and comment out a couple of things there - still didn't work.

Thanks in advance.
    Without actually being able to look into the program (I will when I get home), if you find the folder with the weather icons in it and rename it by putting a '.' in front of it ie, if the folder is called "icons" rename it to ".icons" without the quotation marks of course. This type of rename will make the folder hidded to the phone's OS but is easy enough to undo.
    If you're requesting icons PLEASE include the original and the correct spelling. It makes our job 10X easier. Thank you.
    If you we've helped you hit the thanks button. it makes us giggle.

Thanks

OK, I did a little tinkering and some rewriting and I came up with this. I've attached a txt file, rename it to katra.css and put it in "Themes/Katra's Weather HD.theme/Private/Stylesheets" and overwrite the one that's in there.

Here's one for you niqolas619 It's the same as the other one below, without the weather icons. The icons are there if you ever want them back, you just need to edit the katra.css back.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ElGriton; 06-13-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    If you're requesting icons PLEASE include the original and the correct spelling. It makes our job 10X easier. Thank you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ElGriton For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-12-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Thanks El, I'll use this myself.

Just thinkin'. Are you from the Elgin area.
    Our company used to do business with a company up there called "The Roadster Shop".
    Are they still around?
    Last edited by blkcadi; 06-12-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks

I'd like to replace the battery but, I'm just not getting any ideas that I like.

Thanks

I really like batteries that have a slim design. With your creativeness you'll figure it out. Keep me posted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ElGriton (06-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Thanks El, I'll use this myself.

Just thinkin'. Are you from the Elgin area.
    Our company used to do business with a company up there called "The Roadster Shop".
    Are they still around?

I live in a small town just 'south' of Elgin...

The Roadster Shop appears o be in business but, they've moved to Mundelein which is about 30 miles away.

So I'm toying with this as a battery for this weather theme.

OK, here's my take on the Katra's weather theme.

Here's the theme. RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Last edited by ElGriton; 06-13-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I diggin' what your doing here, I like the top pic so far.