Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Let's talk about why iTunes sucks

Exclamation Let's talk about why iTunes sucks
    Drag and Drop sucks — If you’ve got a lot of playlists, adding music to them is awkward. We’re not sure what the answer would be here, but this is one of those rare cases where drag-and-drop feels primitive.
    Can’t use iPod as a music transport with iTunes— Despite the dozens of third-party apps that can easily move music off your iPod and back into iTunes, iTunes itself can’t do it. Yes, there are some political reasons why Apple doesn’t enable this. For one, record companies would freak out. But Apple is quite possibly more powerful than the labels at this point, and it would be great to see it give the proverbial finger to the industry.
    iTunes is slow— For most, this isn’t too much of an issue. But we’re a bit OCD when it comes to music, so we have large libraries above the 200 gigabyte mark and iTunes still really can’t handle them. Apple has the average user well under control when it comes to speed, but those of us who are edge cases still suffer through lags, jerky scrolling and everyone’s favorite, the spinning beach ball.
    It’s HUGE-I don’t want your program to suck up all my RAM just to listen to music. Could you give people the option to turn off “features” they don’t use. Or offer a lightweight version of iTunes for people who want it to just, you know, play music.

You are talking about OSX or Win?

Thanks

Windows: iTunes sucks, it always gets slow as and gets pretty annoying! Thats the one thing that annoys me the most!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm assuming it's faster on a Mac?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by xackoff View Post
    You are talking about OSX or Win?
    Window xp and it always crashs a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    Windows: iTunes sucks, it always gets slow as and gets pretty annoying! Thats the one thing that annoys me the most!
    It runs much more efficiently on a Mac.
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,187 Times in 6,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
    I have used Xilisoft iphone Transferwhich is powerful and can even replace the iTunes.You can transfer music and video files from iphone to computer and vice versa.Besides,it can use iphone as a portable hard disk,it's convenient.anyway,it's good.
    For $20.00 it needs to be real good. My brother uses it and swears by it also. SO, thumbs up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

rossum (05-13-2009)

The second reason you mentioned is nagging me as well, my father is an iPod Touch user and sharing music among as seems to be pretty impossible. What apps are you talking about, that could help with this?

Other than that, I agree with the above points. It's unbelieviable slow and installs all kind of crap like some dating thing which was annoying me until I realised to what it belonged.

Winamp still is my player of choice.

Media Monkey is a good FREE alternative to itunes. I actually used that before itunes whenever I first purchased my phone. I can't stand the folder situation in itunes ... that is why i don't use it.