Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: game emulator

Default game emulator
    Does the iphone have enough cababillity to have a playstation emulator?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

id love to see PSP on the iphone with the abiltity to plug a controller with a modified usb ipod cord through the 30-pin ipod port.

the psp uses a 333hz processor and thats the max most games dont run that fast and the iphone has a 620mhz processor so it could be possible

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    id love to see PSP on the iphone with the abiltity to plug a controller with a modified usb ipod cord through the 30-pin ipod port.

the psp uses a 333hz processor and thats the max most games dont run that fast and the iphone has a 620mhz processor so it could be possible
    maybe, the psp doesn't emulate playstation games however, it simply plays ported versions offered through ps3's. It takes 3-5 times the power of the original game system for emulation

i used to have a windows mobile phone and they had a Playstation emulator for that, so please can someone make one, or at least a sega genisis emulator

Quote Originally Posted by Prdirtysouth49 View Post
    i used to have a windows mobile phone and they had a Playstation emulator for that, so please can someone make one, or at least a sega genisis emulator
    sega x 2 can you say "Road Rash" best game ever for Sega

I loved that game.

Default bomb
    omg sonic would be so good... An n64 emulator would be great too.. Zelda for n64.. But I think a seta emulator shouldn't be to much to ask for

n64 would be sick, james bond!

We have to think though how the controls would lay out

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im sorry but I cant see this ever happening. Only because of memory it requires to hold the games the emulator and save files.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

Just think about it, the NES emulator needs a frame skip just to keep the sound from lagging, and that was only after heavy modifications to make the emulator more efficient. Running a system emulator for N64 or Playstation would be awesome, but its just unrealistic.
    I am the MacBook Pro

what about a super nintendo emulator? I was running that on my old plc 6700. I would love to play mario RPG n starfox. A seta genesis emulator would be awesome 2!

Sent from my iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

snes would seem to be possible, i dont think it would be too hard to make either. I think i'll try masking the nes app with a snes port, Dont expect much I know how to code, but i suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone1118 View Post
    Just think about it, the NES emulator needs a frame skip just to keep the sound from lagging, and that was only after heavy modifications to make the emulator more efficient. Running a system emulator for N64 or Playstation would be awesome, but its just unrealistic.
    why is it my old HTC Hermes was able to play playstation games at a 400mhz processor and 64mb internal memory and you feel running a playstation game on the iPhone would be unrealistic?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

umm....if you're that into it...go code it?

if "it's not too much to ask for"...ask it of yourself?

haha.

this is just one huge request thread
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prdirtysouth49 View Post
    why is it my old HTC Hermes was able to play playstation games at a 400mhz processor and 64mb internal memory and you feel running a playstation game on the iPhone would be unrealistic?
    how would you do input for all of the buttons on a playstation controller?
    I am the MacBook Pro