+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to start?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey Guys. I have a question. I'm not a programmer. I'm a newbie. I want to write a small little application that does the following. Whenever my iphone rings OR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Where to start?
    Hey Guys.

I have a question.

I'm not a programmer. I'm a newbie.
    I want to write a small little application that does the following.
    Whenever my iphone rings OR alarms OR alerts me somehow, I would like my program to run automatically.
    It will display, full screen, one of many stored pictures in a designated folder at random. It will also play a sound file associated with that picture.
    The pictures are close ups of a baby's face. The sound is a baby sound.
    This sound will continue until I touch in the screen is some way. I.E. to "calm the baby down". When I touch the middle of the screen (baby's nose), it switches to a picture of a smiling baby and the program stops and the iphone then takes me to the phone call or alert or alarm or whatever.

My question is this. What's my 1st step? I only need to learn enough to make this program happen. I've seen a few apps out there (and i have them) that interact with the screen and play sounds (Magenta).
    How do I look at the code for that? Change it? Mod it a little?

Any help would be appreciated.

markdemra

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok. Writing a program and apping it is a bit different then you want. Nobody has been able currently to "tap" into the factory calls yet and add actions. Its one thing to write a standalone app as opposed to tapping stock programs. Look how long it took to get summerboard.
    Also,
    By the time your "app" ran and you stepped through it.. the call time might be over causing you to loose a call. -Just a thought.

Im not sure if magenta is open source. But it is way more intense then I think you can imagine. If I had to guess, I would say 95% of the people on this site couldn't write that program.
    You might try and get in touch with Erica Sadun and hire her to write it, as I think she has most progressed with touch-type apps.

Note: programming is done in objective-c

Then again.. This might be a good program for punishing your daughter and thinking shes gonna be out late at night. We could call it " iBaby Momma " And you could send random texts in the middle of the night and the baby would randomly cry or scream until the app was silenced.
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 09-18-2007 at 08:59 AM.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm...then how about programming ring tones from my itunes library?

Green Apple
    Thanks

WTF kind of app is that????????