+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plugins

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was wondering if anyone was working on plugins for the safari browser on the iPhone. Because i was searching around my iPhone database and found a safari plugins folder
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Plugins
    I was wondering if anyone was working on plugins for the safari browser on the iPhone. Because i was searching around my iPhone database and found a safari plugins folder where you can put plugins inside. Mabye a plugin that would redirect youtube videos on some websites directly to the youtube widget with the video set to play or mabye a plugin that will let us play avi or wmp files divx files and ect...

And anyone know if theres a firefox browser in development for safari or a safari skin out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lets just see what apple is going to about plugins for safari. Its looking like they may add flash support within the next few updates. who knows maybe they'll have an update tommorrow.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I bet apple is more concerned about breaking the 3rd party apps than actually making something for the iphone. I wonder if the osx flash plugin would work for the iphone....maybe someone can download it and throw it in that folder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    I bet apple is more concerned about breaking the 3rd party apps than actually making something for the iphone. I wonder if the osx flash plugin would work for the iphone....maybe someone can download it and throw it in that folder
    have you not read the thread about apples stance on third party development? Also, if it was really THAT easy... The phone wouldve been released with flashsupport don't cha think? Though it'd be kind of ironic/funny if it really was that easy lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah I read it, but apples number one priority is....APPLE, not the consumers. There goal is to capitalize on every aspect of the iphone and they will try to eliminate alternative methods to get free things like ringtones, apps, plugins.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    Lets just see what apple is going to about plugins for safari. Its looking like they may add flash support within the next few updates. who knows maybe they'll have an update tommorrow.
    people have been saying that flash support is coming since launch day..they said it would be here by the first update...i have not seen anything yet...and as usual there is nothing from the apple camp yet. i'll wait on believing that it is coming untill it is on my phone.

Thanks

I personally think that there going to have to add some form of an internet plugin...If youve ever noticed they have an internet plugin for the youtube.app, with that being the case a new internet plugin is bound to come with the new itunes wifi app. Hey maybe they'll include flash support with it. BTW Apple said that they would be including a flash update within the first few months, That wasnt just a rumor.