+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.02 Update... now unmoddable

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I just downloaded itunes 7.4.2 I believe it is... and downloaded the new ifuntastic 3.whatever, and I cannot unlock the phone to mod it.. I hold the buttons and it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.02 Update... now unmoddable
    I just downloaded itunes 7.4.2 I believe it is... and downloaded the new ifuntastic 3.whatever, and I cannot unlock the phone to mod it.. I hold the buttons and it comes to the connect to itunes screen... but no little circle under it letting it know its working, it says failed... now I modded my phone before without any problems... but now it will not work.. this is frustrating... im about to go to the old way of terminal running jailbreak and hand modding the springboard.app HELP PLEASE

noone?

48 views and noone can help... just great, do I have the only iphone that cannot be modded after the new software update?????
    Last edited by sp71supra; 09-10-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I am certainly no expert when it comes to trouble shooting, but I'm going to go out on a limb and make a guess.

If I remember correctly, the new iFuntastic just "unshackles" the iPhone, which is a new protocol for iPhone modding that does not require jailbreaking. One drawback to this, however, is that the iPhone must be un-modded when using iFuntastic for the first time (or, at least this is highly recommended).

Also, when people updated to the new iTunes, and new iPhone firmware, a few people had to restore their phones, then mod them again, and this tended to work in almost all cases. I did this for firmware 1.0.2, but never upgraded my iTunes, so I am not too sure for my case.

But, I would suggest, and I know that this sucks, doing a restore of your phone, syncing it with the newest iTunes, then redo your hacks with iFuntastic 3.3. If that doesn't work, then stick with your command line hacks. That is what is do too.

Goodluck!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think you mean 7.4.1, i just checked and thats the latest version i could find... as for iFuntastic if it's not working for you theres not anything i can think of that iFuntastic can do that is not able to be accomplished by other methods.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steinah For This Useful Post:

MRemingtonB (09-10-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sp71supra View Post
    48 views and noone can help... just great, do I have the only iphone that cannot be modded after the new software update?????
    First off, please don't whine...nobody on here knows everything and nobody is getting paid to fix your problems. If we want to hear whining...we all have jobs where we get paid for that.

On to the solution - skip everything else....just go download the apptap installer. that has been updated to work with the new itunes. use the installer to get installer.app onto your phone. from there you can install openSSH and the BSD toolkit...which will allow you to SSH and SFTP (with cyberduck - Mac or WinSCP - windows) to connect, move files, etc.

if you are missing anything else, holler. there is also a walk through for getting ringtones onto your phone through itunes in chitchat under the "iRing" app thread...

Cheers!
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

6. The Following User Says Thank You to antiflash For This Useful Post:

sp71supra (09-10-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not working due to update
    Last edited by iphonetech122; 09-28-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: not working due to apple update

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iphonetech122 For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (09-10-2007)