+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBsettings Crashes my springboard

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello, i have been reading forums about the springboard crash and mobile substrate putting the iphone into safe mode. everyones advice to fix it was to respring or reboot. It
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SBsettings Crashes my springboard
    Hello,

i have been reading forums about the springboard crash and mobile substrate putting the iphone into safe mode.

everyones advice to fix it was to respring or reboot. It did not work for me.

I rebooted and resprung several times with no luck. still stuck in safe mode.

I have been using sbsettings for a couple of weeks and i love it.
    i always use the respring option in sbsettings.
    yesterday i used the power option in sbsettings and chose to reboot.
    this is when my iphone went into safe mode, (after the reboot)

i uninstalled a couple of recent apps that were installed and no luck.
    After racking my brain and thinking that the crash happened after using the reboot option in sbsettings (but sbsettings has never given me any issues) i uninstalled it again and rebooted. bingo! out of safe mode.

I wanted to make sure this was the problem so i went on cydia and reinstalled sbsettings, rebooted and i was back in safe mode. i had to uninstall it completely and the only way to access my apps that was in the dock of sbsetting is to use quickgold.

Does anyone know of a fix for this crash so i can use sbsettings again?

Also does anyone know how to get my app icons that were in the sbsettings dock back on my springboard?

Thanks alot

Thanks

Are you sure that you're not hitting the safe mode button? Other than that, I have no idea.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What safe mode button? As soon as I install sbsettings and restart, it puts my phone into mobile substrate safemode. When I uninstall sbsettings my phone boots up normal. I can't use any app that needs mobile substrate when sbsettings is installed.

Thanks

When you go into SBsettings and choose power, there is a safe mode option.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by videokiddo View Post
    What safe mode button? As soon as I install sbsettings and restart, it puts my phone into mobile substrate safemode. When I uninstall sbsettings my phone boots up normal. I can't use any app that needs mobile substrate when sbsettings is installed.
    "I went through the whole process of the software unlock w/ my 16g 3g & everything went perfect. I backed all my cydia apps up w/ aptback up & restored them all. My phone was working flawlessly before I did the 3g unlock, but now w/ the exact same apps running it constantly crashes the springboard into safe mode. I read that I should delete mobile substrate, does anyone know if this is true, or have any other suggestions? Thanks ahead of time."

I have heard to remove mobile substrate altogether form cydia...
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    "I went through the whole process of the software unlock w/ my 16g 3g & everything went perfect. I backed all my cydia apps up w/ aptback up & restored them all. My phone was working flawlessly before I did the 3g unlock, but now w/ the exact same apps running it constantly crashes the springboard into safe mode. I read that I should delete mobile substrate, does anyone know if this is true, or have any other suggestions? Thanks ahead of time."

I have heard to remove mobile substrate altogether form cydia...
    I had to do the restore 2.2, qp, yellowsn0w, restore, thingie twice. 1St time it took over an hour to get a signal ......... oh well..... lots of problems.

Bottom line: After qp, I installed NOTHING, no updates or anything except yellowsn0w. Got that working 1st. Then did the iTunes restore (but nothing else). Then loaded Cydia (downloaded apt backup), restored Cydia aps. Then finished with installing App Store apps, music, videos, ringtones, etc. After each step, I unplugged the phone, rebooted, and made sure everything was working. Maybe this process will work for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

infamous12550 (01-21-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    I had to do the restore 2.2, qp, yellowsn0w, restore, thingie twice. 1St time it took over an hour to get a signal ......... oh well..... lots of problems.

Bottom line: After qp, I installed NOTHING, no updates or anything except yellowsn0w. Got that working 1st. Then did the iTunes restore (but nothing else). Then loaded Cydia (downloaded apt backup), restored Cydia aps. Then finished with installing App Store apps, music, videos, ringtones, etc. After each step, I unplugged the phone, rebooted, and made sure everything was working. Maybe this process will work for you.
    I actually used the 2.2 ipsw directly from Apple that someone has posted on the 3g unlock page & then jailbroke w/ quickpwn 2.2, backed up from iTunes, & then reloaded all my cydia apps manually from screenies I took before restoring. I unlocked w/ yellowsn0w & all is good now. I used the same 2.2 for a few other peoples phones & had to go though the same process. Thanks for the help though.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a same problem but big boss doesn't believe me and I did send them the picture of what file is missing when you install sbsettings

What's Jailbreak? Crankdatsailorboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is similar- when I use the reboot option in sbsettings, my phone reboots, then freezes on the lockscreen and doesn't respond to button presses or touches on the screen. I believed it to be one of my recently downloaded apps, or maybe too many proccesses. I restored, re-jailbroke it, then reinstalled my apps from RYP. It works fine until I select Reboot from sbsettings- I am now CONVINCED that it has to do with the reboot option, but can find no fix for this other than to not use it. =[

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck in Safe Mode
    Guys,
    I found the solution. If you're stuck in safe mode like I was for the past 3 days, its easy!

Go to cydia, search for Activator and install it. If you've already installed it, modify and reinstall.

That should fix your problem. Hope it helps. Cheers