+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (REQUEST) SOCKS Proxy Client on iPhone

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Now, I know that there are many different ways to run a SOCKS proxy server on the iPhone for use from a laptop/etc, but what I would like to do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default (REQUEST) SOCKS Proxy Client on iPhone
    Now, I know that there are many different ways to run a SOCKS proxy server on the iPhone for use from a laptop/etc, but what I would like to do is access the internet through a SOCKS proxy on another computer from the iPhone. All that the iPhone allows for is an HTTP proxy, which means email,etc is useless.

This is great for dorms that are only wired and forbid additional routers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am looking for this as well. Most hotels have a wired internet access only so I can use my laptop to act as a wireless access point + Squid as a proxy since most hotel networks also filter the mac address.

Safari works fine with the Http proxy but other apps do not have internet access. A socks client and some way to configure the network on the iphone to use a socks server would solve my problem.

/sanjay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello I just jail broke my iphone. i have the pdanet program on the phone that lets you tether. what i want to know is, what is proxy and can i set my phone on auto to cover that problem. also what web sites can i use to get the best proxy for the phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    Now, I know that there are many different ways to run a SOCKS proxy server on the iPhone for use from a laptop/etc, but what I would like to do is access the internet through a SOCKS proxy on another computer from the iPhone. All that the iPhone allows for is an HTTP proxy, which means email,etc is useless.

This should help you out.
    How To Connect To A SOCKS Proxy From An Unjailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch - JavaScript - Snipplr

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Work?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Martok View Post

This should help you out.
    How To Connect To A SOCKS Proxy From An Unjailbroken iPhone/iPod
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but theres not much i can find via google.

Did anyone get this to work?

I can't seem to proxy anything other than the HTTP on my iPhone. Did anyone manage to setup their iPhone to use a SOCKS proxy?

-Dual