• Good idea!

136 89.47%
  • Bad idea!

0 0%
  • I LIKE PIE.

16 10.53%
+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speech-to-Text Recognition for SMS/Email?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Download Dragon Dictation from the AppStore. Its free. It has speech to text and it transfers to email or SMS.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download Dragon Dictation from the AppStore. Its free. It has speech to text and it transfers to email or SMS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AppBuzz View Post
    Yes this app is awesome!!!! Works very well IMO

Thanks

App does work well I think that we should adapt it so maybe you can see it writing what you say and once we are able to to that then work on it automating some of the iPhone tasks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    I just got dragon the other day. Haven't really used it much yet. What I'd really love to see is somthing like a voice activation program. My friend has voice activation lights in his house. You have to say "Computer, On" or High, Low, or w/e. it would be sweet to be able to train and just be able to say, "iPhone, text" or SMS, and it will open messaging. "iPhone, email" and it goes to email. Etc. Way I see it, if your fingers are greasy from eating already, you still have to click, slide, click, click, just to get a program and open things up. :-) I know I dream a big dream.
    Vlingo does what you speak of with the text, email, and calls. But for text and email you have to buy the app to be able to send. But it also works for searching google and maps, twitter, facebook.

I would like to see something like swiftkey on android but for IPhone. It is a key on a keyboard that you can do speech to text on anything that you use a keyboard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linhardt View Post
    Vlingo does what you speak of with the text, email, and calls. But for text and email you have to buy the app to be able to send. But it also works for searching google and maps, twitter, facebook.

I would like to see something like swiftkey on android but for IPhone. It is a key on a keyboard that you can do speech to text on anything that you use a keyboard.
    You still need to fire up vlingo to start talking. I'm talking about an app that would always run in the background and allow you to do any number of things. Sweeter if it could use voice recognition to turn on and unlock.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123