Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Quick Reply app

Default SMS Quick Reply app
    irealsms just releases there update allowing sms quick reply. what im suggesting is that someone make a whole app devoted to that one task, to quick reply to any text while in another app. i dont want to install a full sms replacement. in fact i really like the original sms app. i just want an app that can quick reply, so it doesnt interrupt your gaming, video watching, or web surfing. so if any one is up for it, please look into this app request!

great idea. i will support this as well
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

That would be awesome!

seriously somebody get on that sh**!

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

if this program could do the same thing with an IM program (ie BeejiveIM)...that would make it pretty damn amazing.

I agree because it is so annoying to switch back and forth especially if you receive numerous sms throughout the day...
    I'm not a Genius, but I can sure pretend to be one!
    If I helped you please press Thanks!

just been looking on google for this. Still not found anything

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgamer View Post
    just been looking on google for this. Still not found anything
    You won't. If it's out, the people here would know about it.

Quick reply is the only reason I bought iRealSMS for and along with SMS forwarding is the only reason I use iRealSMS for. I don't care for iRealSMS or any other SMS app other than Apple's, but I love quick reply so much.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

i would attempt to do this if i had some idea of where to intercept the incoming sms

if someone could get they're hands on irealsms source code i could extract the quick reply feature and then build some groundwork for the sending and receiving portion... that may sound kind of jumbled to you but i am not in the mood to think it out fully

HOMEWORK: get me ireal source code (with permission from the author of course) not that you guys could even find it without him

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sweet. At least someone's trying. I really hope to see this soon, because I'd love to start using the original SMS app but still be able to use quick reply.

And whoever makes it, please make it where the default SMS app will open when you press the reply button without texting anything, just like iReal does now with its own app.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

ya thx a bunch cuz that was soo useful the first time,

but still willing if someone gets me the ireal SC

Well, it seems you were the only one in the other thread who didn't understand the chart, so I can see how you would think it wasn't useful.

Also, I don't think someone would just give you their source code if you ask politely. They're making money off of this, and if they release the source, anyone can have it for free.

There's a new sms app on cydia from the makers of MySms.
    It's called QuickSMS. It's like a light version of MySMS that opens when you get a text, but it won't quit out of the application you're in. You press the home button to return to what you were doing before.

ya, alot of times they will. they know that it is as easy to crack it so they wont really care, but also i understand what you are trying to say but it still is just a chart displaying irealsms. just as i stated

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt that they would just give the source code up. Even if it is just part of it.
    What I think that iRealSMS and MySMS does is kills the daemon (service) that watches for SMS messages coming in from the GSM modem. I don't think necessarily MobileSMS is open while you're in Springboard.
    I think it'd waste some memory having an application as big as MobileSMS open just waiting for an SMS message.

So Apple most likely (no data to support me on this) has a small service waiting for the an SMS, then when it receives one it'll then show a UIAlert box in the Springboard, gives you an option to Close (dismiss), or Reply (open MobileSMS).

What you could do is replace the hook from the SMS watcher daemon thats hooked to Springboard with your custom popup box; Which can also include a text box, more buttons (Reply, Quick Reply, Close etc), and the SMS message that's been received.
    I'm not exactly sure how to achieve this, but i have some idea... because i've been a little curious. So i found this tutorial on hooking to springboard, it may help someone to create their own quick reply mod:
    [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103558][Tutorial] Hooking SpringBoard - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by JStraitiff View Post
    i would attempt to do this if i had some idea of where to intercept the incoming sms

if someone could get they're hands on irealsms source code i could extract the quick reply feature and then build some groundwork for the sending and receiving portion... that may sound kind of jumbled to you but i am not in the mood to think it out fully

HOMEWORK: get me ireal source code (with permission from the author of course) not that you guys could even find it without him

Isn't this the source code: Source Checkout - iphone-quickreply - Project Hosting on Google Code

It's up on code.google

QuickReply for SMS in the Cydia store is exactly what you're looking for

Here : ModMyi.com | QuickReply for SMS

Quote Originally Posted by file1854 View Post
    QuickReply for SMS in the Cydia store is exactly what you're looking for

Here : ModMyi.com | QuickReply for SMS
    For 2.99 I'd have to pass... even if it was only .99 I'd pass.

Too much open source stuff out there & for people to charge for jailbreak apps... I find funny.... cause 1 reason people probably Jailbreak is to get off the Apple App store teet & not pay for apps.

Just my own opinion, don't shoot me!

Thanks

Wow, old thread. This stuffs been out for awhile. I think that's a bunch of horse****.
    I don't think that most people jailbreak just so they can steal. A lot
    of people just want to customize thone ihones. Some of the jailbroken apps are the most useful apps you can get for an iPhone. To be honest I had to choose, the apple app store would be the first to go.

I paid for QR. Wow 2.99 for a really useful tool for my phone that gets used dozens of times everyday. For 2.99 you can't even buy 2 sodas or half a pack of cigarettes.
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 03-13-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Wow, old thread. This stuffs been out for awhile. I think that's a bunch of horse****.
    I don't think that most people jailbreak just so they can steal. A lot
    of people just want to customize thone ihones. Some of the jailbroken apps are the most useful apps you can get for an iPhone. To be honest I had to choose, the apple app store would be the first to go.

I paid for QR. Wow 2.99 for a really useful tool for my phone that gets used dozens of times everyday. For 2.99 you can't even buy 2 sodas or half a pack of cigarettes.
    I didn't say to steal anything. I just said Jailbreak for the free, better-than-Apple App store apps.

And I know 2.99 isn't much, really... I make enough where I can afford 2.99. But the amazon or paypal account is an issue... not every one has one, nor do they want one.

Hey there is an cracked app now for quickreply for SMS now!! Don't have to pay a cent! Needa go to cydia and sources and add www.sinfuliphonerepo.com then go through there to get the app for free!!
    Hope that helps. Worked beautiful for me!
    Last edited by Loren777; 07-16-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast