Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: MagicJack app

  1. #1
    Thumbs up MagicJack app
    First off let me ask how many people have or have tried the MagicJack? and for those of you who have then you know how sweet it would be to have and iphone app that works with your MagicJack account for Voip Calling and receiving.... Developers Please this would be a money maker for you....

  2. #2
    im pretty sure the iphone does not support the hardware needed for that. the magicjack is completely hardware....not software. you couldnt really make an app for that. why not just ask the dev's of like siax to add this protocol to thier app if they dont already have it and then just use it like any other voip service????
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

  3. #3
    Since this was the top search response, and it doesnt help.
    I'd like to add that, you can use SIAX or Siphon to use this SIP related Phone service. Although i havent made it work just yet- there are plenty of resources out there that show how to make it work. only thing u have to worry about is, QOS!

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic Rescuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    419
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts

    my friend has magicjack and uses siphone to connect to it

  5. #5
    Please allow me to correct you, you're wrong in your statement, Magicjack is software based (not hardware) and I'm already using it on my iphone.

    Magicjack is a SIP based VOIP and all you need is extract your sip credentials and use it with shiphone or fring as phone on your iPad or iPod touch.

    it can be also used on any voip Gizmos, sip phone such as polycoms or as a voip trunk for ipPBX such as Elastix or Trixbox (Asterisk)

    Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    im pretty sure the iphone does not support the hardware needed for that. the magicjack is completely hardware....not software. you couldnt really make an app for that. why not just ask the dev's of like siax to add this protocol to thier app if they dont already have it and then just use it like any other voip service????
    Last edited by guilou0875; 05-16-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by guilou0875 View Post
    Please allow me to correct you, you're wrong in your statement, Magicjack is software based (not hardware) and I'm already using it on my iphone.

    Magicjack is a SIP based VOIP and all you need is extract your sip credentials and use it with shiphone or fring as phone on your iPad or iPod touch.

    it can be also used on any voip Gizmos, sip phone such as polycoms or as a voip trunk for ipPBX such as Elastix or Trixbox (Asterisk)
    Hi, Could you tell me how to extract the creditential from my magic jack? I really make my life much easier if I could use my magic jack account at iphone thr siphone! Thanks in advance!

    Ricky

  7. #7
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    I hate Magic Jack!!! EPIC FAIL

  8. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    MagicJack is suppose to come out with a cellphone device like magicjack in the near future!

  9. #9
    Having a MagicJack working from my iPhone sounds like a great idea.
    But I have been watching how various people have hacked the MagicJack and can now use the service without having the dongle plugged in. Every time one of these is posted MagicJack quickly responds to close that door. I suspect that it is through the dongle that MagicJack controls your account. If it is expired they turn it off. This is why they are so dilligent in closing these holes.

    I have read about the femto Magicjack that would communicate with a cell phone, but it won't address my problem. In order for it to be legal it must work only within your house. This is why it is taking so long for it to come out. My problem is I have no cell service at my house, and I would like to take calls not only in my house but also in my yard. What I need is for MagicJack to produce a Bluetooth MagicJack that I can use directly on my iPhone. I can then use my 802.11n network to make MagicJack calls from my iPhone.
    Last edited by JDeichstetter; 06-30-2010 at 06:46 PM.

  10. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JDeichstetter View Post
    Having a MagicJack working from my iPhone sounds like a great idea.
    But I have been watching how various people have hacked the MagicJack and can now use the service without having the dongle plugged in. Every time one of these is posted MagicJack quickly responds to close that door. I suspect that it is through the dongle that MagicJack controls your account. If it is expired they turn it off. This is why they are so dilligent in closing these holes.

    I have read about the femto Magicjack that would communicate with a cell phone, but it won't address my problem. In order for it to be legal it must work only within your house. This is why it is taking so long for it to come out. My problem is I have no cell service at my house, and I would like to take calls not only in my house but also in my yard. What I need is for MagicJack to produce a Bluetooth MagicJack that I can use directly on my iPhone. I can then use my 802.11n network to make MagicJack calls from my iPhone.
    Well I for one pay the $20 a year to MagicJack as almost all my calls is with cellphone. I bought a Panasonic wireless plus bluetooth for like $50 and I can link 2 cells to the phone which is connected to MagicJack.

    As far as no cellphone service at you house, been there and it is a bummer! Its been a long time ago but I can still remember and that really sucks!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by guilou0875 View Post
    Please allow me to correct you, you're wrong in your statement, Magicjack is software based (not hardware) and I'm already using it on my iphone.

    Magicjack is a SIP based VOIP and all you need is extract your sip credentials and use it with shiphone or fring as phone on your iPad or iPod touch.

    it can be also used on any voip Gizmos, sip phone such as polycoms or as a voip trunk for ipPBX such as Elastix or Trixbox (Asterisk)

    Yes, What he said...Dude, they need to upgrade your mmi status there partner...still on what's jailbreak... sounds like you are the guy to port facetime over to 3G, just kidding bud, excellent work.

    My mmi status should be what's landline?

    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

  12. #12
    is it still possible to run magcijack on iphone? can someone please help me how to do it? or post a link to a tutorial? thanks.

  13. #13
    fasih fawad
    Guest
    yes its possible. i have done it on my iphone 3gs which took me over 3 hours of work. are we allowed to post other websites link here? because i can put it here

  14. #14
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,097
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fasih fawad View Post
    yes its possible. i have done it on my iphone 3gs which took me over 3 hours of work. are we allowed to post other websites link here? because i can put it here
    Please post a link.

  15. #15
    @fasih fawad

    please post the link. or anyone who knows how to do this? thanks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •