+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pop-Up Email Notifications

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I use email to send text messages sometimes. I use my Yahoo! account, so if somebody texts me back their response is immediately pushed to my phone. However, the only
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Pop-Up Email Notifications
    I use email to send text messages sometimes. I use my Yahoo! account, so if somebody texts me back their response is immediately pushed to my phone. However, the only notification I get of this new email is the sound (and the mail icon appearing in my status bar). Is there any way (probably jailbroken) for me to get popup notifications for incoming emails, just like the popup notifications you get when you receive a new text message?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

that little notification bubble will work only in 15 minute intervals if you change the email settings to fetch every 15 minutes. i think what your looking for though is push notification and thats something that will only work if connected to exchange server. does that help you any????
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks, but that doens't help. im using yahoo mail, which DOES have push email. That's not my problem. I'm looking for a way to recieve a popup notification when i receive a new email. For example, when i receive a new sms, a popup appears asking me if i want to reply to the message or close the popup. Im looking for a way to do somehting similar with mail messages.

Thanks

dude....im telling you...everyone wants this. there currently is not an app that does this but it would be really awesome
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Try intelliscreen.

Intelliborn - Everyday Problems, Everyday Solutions

when i get a new email it shows on my lock screen, then i swipe on it and i get what they call quickview.
    see photo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    try grip- growl for iphone, its in some french repo under "more package sources" in cydia, install all of them then search "grip"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,693 Times in 5,954 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtrainer02 View Post
    try grip- growl for iphone, its in some french repo under "more package sources" in cydia, install all of them then search "grip"
    Kinda an old thread, but I would suggest you stay away from installing all packages.
    There are a bunch of dead links in there that will give you loading errors, just sayin'