+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sid Meier's Civilization 1

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok so heres my thought. I love strat games and the iphone needs a good one. So why not someone bring over Civilization 1. ITs old as hell and uses
    Thanks

Default Sid Meier's Civilization 1
    Ok so heres my thought. I love strat games and the iphone needs a good one. So why not someone bring over Civilization 1. ITs old as hell and uses very old graphics and all that. Would it be that hard? Am i wayy off base here? I love civ 1, its prob the best one they made. Anyone think this could be done? Its just a click based game so touch screen would be perf. Any ideas? Am i retarded?

No really...

eh?
    Last edited by RonnyT24; 11-17-2008 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Go Ahead. Hit the Thank button... it wont bite.

Tap Tap Revenge is Gay... That is fact.

Giggidy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Ronny,
    I couldn't agree with you more. Games like Civ 1 and Warlords were fantastic, with brilliant gameplay that could keep you glued to your computer for days. And best of all, these games would run on a Mac Plus! Not to mention that the iPhone's touch screen would be a perfect interface. I suspect it would even be technically possible to bring Civilization II to the iPhone.

So what would you be prepared to pay for one of these games on the iPhone?

brayne

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    oh yes!
    i spend hours on Civ 4
    it could be great !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brrayne View Post
    Hi Ronny,
    I couldn't agree with you more. Games like Civ 1 and Warlords were fantastic, with brilliant gameplay that could keep you glued to your computer for days. And best of all, these games would run on a Mac Plus! Not to mention that the iPhone's touch screen would be a perfect interface. I suspect it would even be technically possible to bring Civilization II to the iPhone.

So what would you be prepared to pay for one of these games on the iPhone?

brayne
    hmmmmm what would i be willing to pay? Depends on product/timeline... im definately willing to put some dough down. Civ on my phone would be the ****. What you know someone/are willing to make this happen?

Giggidy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonnyT24 View Post
    What you know someone/are willing to make this happen?
    Unfortunately I don't, but I was just wondering whether some of the game manufacturers are shying away from developing more complicated games for the iPhone, given the general expectation for low prices. Most of the games available are under $5, but do you think users would pay $50 (or even more) for an iPhone version of Civilization? Let's face it, we know that the amount of gameplay makes it well worth it, but people might not be prepared to pay that much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if a game developer commmited to creating a gaming experience commiserate of a 50 dollar price tag, I would buy it. that said, I dont think the iPhone is a capable enough platform to warrant 50 dollar games. 30 dollars, okay. But 50? it better be perfect. Plus think about the amount of content needed to have a game of that size and or scope. but I'll say again, if they make one worth the price of admission, I'd be happy to pay for it. And it would officially spell doom for the PSP.

Thanks

lol i think your reading too far into what this game entails. I just redownloaded the game and am playing it now. Required no installation, and the folder for it is 2.8mb in size. Yeah thats the complete game. Theres got to be a way to move this to iphone. Someone please check into this. Or if anyone wants to at least have a look see at the files for it leave your email and ill send you the folder. 2.8mb lol.

Giggidy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im going to bump this. because it needs to be bumped. so badly.