Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
3rd Party Apps Requestsforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
Since there isn't any obvious way to get in touch with the author of AptBackup, I'll post my idea here. Why can't a backup program collect all the settings, etc....
11-01-2008, 08:08 AM #1
3rd party backup app suggestion...
Since there isn't any obvious way to get in touch with the author of AptBackup, I'll post my idea here.
Why can't a backup program collect all the settings, etc. for third party apps and then compress all that data into a single file. This file would be built to look like an mp3 or png file. iTunes would back this file up like any other media file.
If you reset your phone, you simply need to rejailbreak, sync the "media" file, install the backup app and restore from that "media" file.
11-09-2008, 06:00 PM #2
Nope... Neither of those will do a complete iPhone backup.
What I want to be able to do is:
- Install any Apple apps I want to have
- Jailbreak my 2.1 iPhone
- Install any Cydia or Installer apps
- Set up contacts, network, reminders, songs, videos, etc.
- Execute a COMPLETE backup of the iPhone
- Restore the iPhone to it's "Virgin" state with a firmware update/restore
- Restore my COMPLETE backup to the iPhone
- All my apps should be back
- All of my settings should be back
- All of my songs, videos, data, etc should be back.
Is there any software that can do this? Wouldn't it be possible to simply copy the complete file system from the iPhone over SSH?
11-25-2008, 02:18 AM #3
11-25-2008, 04:45 AM #4
These won't help, as I'm trying to back up programs, etc. not just music.