+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selective Mail Notification (Whitelist)

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
One thing that I quickly noticed when switching from Blackberry to iPhone is that there is no easy way to receive mail notifications from only select individuals without filtering all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Selective Mail Notification (Whitelist)
    One thing that I quickly noticed when switching from Blackberry to iPhone is that there is no easy way to receive mail notifications from only select individuals without filtering all your mail into other folders and only leaving mail from these individuals in the Inbox.

My idea for an App is to allow control over who triggers a notification by selecting individuals from your contact list (or having a free form text entry box or config file) to add email addresses to. Depending on if the incoming message is from someone on your whitelist will determine if you get notified (rather than all incoming messages triggering a notification).

No idea how difficult this would be since I've just started getting into iPhones. Hopefully this idea will fall upon someone who has the same desire and skills to assist.

Bubba

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubbanc View Post
    One thing that I quickly noticed when switching from Blackberry to iPhone is that there is no easy way to receive mail notifications from only select individuals without filtering all your mail into other folders and only leaving mail from these individuals in the Inbox.

My idea for an App is to allow control over who triggers a notification by selecting individuals from your contact list (or having a free form text entry box or config file) to add email addresses to. Depending on if the incoming message is from someone on your whitelist will determine if you get notified (rather than all incoming messages triggering a notification).

No idea how difficult this would be since I've just started getting into iPhones. Hopefully this idea will fall upon someone who has the same desire and skills to assist.

Bubba
    Yeah, for the iPhone to be taken seriously as a corporate tool, this needs to be implemented. Not to mention they need to fix the manual refreshing of the individual folders in Exchange.IMAP mail accounts.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any news on this one?
    Just searched the whole day for a suitable app.
    There seams to be many using a dedicated email account where the emails are forwarded to or at least your email adresses have to be stored on a server.
    Isnt there just an app which just filters the incoming messages and alert not needing any extra server?
    Sparrow and SquareOne mail looking interesting but they doesnt support ios 4.2.1 as far as I am concerned.
    I know the ios is kinda old but dont want to give up my 3g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okey this kinda sux.
    Should be a standard feature imho.