+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One touch wallpaper jailbreak app...?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Is there an app out, or would it be easy to create an app that would allow for simple setting of the background wallpaper without having to always go through
    Thanks

Default One touch wallpaper jailbreak app...?
    Is there an app out, or would it be easy to create an app that would allow for simple setting of the background wallpaper without having to always go through the preferences settings app to do so?

I think all that would need to be changed out is the LockBackground.jpg in the /System/Libraries folder, but is there a way to do this?

Alternatively, is there a plist I can change to achieve a similar effect? I already changed my preferences plist for easy wallpaper access, but it still takes 3 taps to get to the selection screen... Is there any way to get that down to 1...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One touch wallpaper jailbreak app...?-img_0001.png  

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Maybe so if an app was coded for it. Is it really worth it for 2 clicks?

Thanks

The problem lies in that there are three clicks total. The first click loads settings, which has an inherent lag that everyone is familiar with.
    The second click loads both the photo library and the wallpapers you have in the default directory (all custom)
    The third click then displays the cutom wallpapers (which still yet has a delay on in)

The program I'm thinking of would get rid of the last two clicks and load up a screen of your custom wallpapers, cutting down on at least 10 seconds of wasted time.

Or if there was a way to change the compression of photo syncing by itunes, that'd do too (even by terminal is ok...)

The problem lies in that there are three clicks total. The first click loads settings, which has an inherent lag that everyone is familiar with.
    The second click loads both the photo library and the wallpapers you have in the default directory (all custom)
    The third click then displays the cutom wallpapers (which still yet has a delay on in)

The program I'm thinking of would get rid of the last two clicks and load up a screen of your custom wallpapers, cutting down on at least 10 seconds of wasted time.

Or if there was a way to change the compression of photo syncing by itunes, that'd do too (even by terminal is ok...)
    Last edited by kaician; 10-27-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost