+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Soft-Lock App??

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Morning all, Yesterday I was stupid enough to drop my iphone onto solid concrete (not advised) which broke my lock/power button at the top. Is there an app that will
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Soft-Lock App??
    Morning all,

Yesterday I was stupid enough to drop my iphone onto solid concrete (not advised) which broke my lock/power button at the top.

Is there an app that will lock my phone to get around this problem? Had a quick look on google, which came up with nothing

Thanks in advance...

P.S. I know about the auto-lock setting, but I've already rang someone by mistake when putting my phone in my pocket.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Right now there is nothing dedicated for this reason (there was someone else askign a week or two ago)

Do you have bossprefs though? Try that. It's an extra step but at least you can lock it before throwing it in your pocket.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do have bossprefs, I know I can Respring and Lock, just seems a long process to simply lock the phone.

I've done some additional researching since posting this thread, seems there's an app by Clasified that can lock the phone from springboard, but I can't find it on Installer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deano2uk View Post
    I do have bossprefs, I know I can Respring and Lock, just seems a long process to simply lock the phone.

I've done some additional researching since posting this thread, seems there's an app by Clasified that can lock the phone from springboard, but I can't find it on Installer
    The process to respring I GUESS is kinda long but you said you just wanted the peace of mind to flip a button and put it in your pocket. If that's all you want it for it seems like a 20 second respring shouldn't matter to you (unelss you are crazy and pull the phone in and out of your pocket in intervals less than 20 seconds). Seems like a better answer than what you are currently dealing with (and much faster than the 1 minute auto-lock, but for be it from me to try and force you to do it)

I assume something like this would be easy to make but nobody cares. Simply out, devs don't foresee many people using this thing.

EDIT: have you tried cydia?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I've tried Cydia, can't find it on there either.

Here's a link to a review of the Lock app...

[Release] Lock.app & Shutdown.app for broken Sleep/Power Button on iPhone and iTouch - Hackint0sh

Thanks

The link you gave says it is on INSTALLER with the http://installer.iclarified.com/ source
    I am assuming you tried this? I only ask because you made no mention of trying that in Installer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have Installer 4.0b6 on my phone, but when I look in catagories, I can't find an iclarified section I have the source installed for it i.e. installer.iclarified.com and it displays the white and black icon for it in sources.

Confusing...and I missing something?

Thanks for the help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same situation - the iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials source does not seem to even have this app! My button isn't broken but I've seen 2 iPhones where the buttons broke and in 1 case even fell off from constant pressing.