Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Calling iphone devs! Using the iPhone as a bluetooth keyboard for the Playstation 3

Quote Originally Posted by LoVeRSaMa View Post
    This is very true, it has been done with iBlueNova, they remade the stack so its possible, just finding devs to do it, there are 2 teams for iBluetooth, meDevil and his old team who also helped make the stack, maybe they would be willing to take up on this project? ^_^
    its worth a shot.. we need to contact them, hopefully one of them has a PS3 lol

doo-da-diddly-um-do-dee

Hi guys,

I joined this website solely for this purpose. This app has grabbed my attention because I have an iPhone 2G 3.1.2 and i have a Playstation 3. This app would be cool and usefull. If i can help in anyway just PM me

Bump! This would be absolutely excellent. I would pay money for an app like this. Also, the ability to use the iPhone as an external audio output device (i.e. listening to the PS3 sounds through the iPhone w/ headphones) would be excellent, for those nights when I'm playing PS3 and don't want to disturb my sleeping gf. Any progress on these fronts at all?

As someone said previously, I really interested in this application. If there is anything I can do to help, I will do it, please ask!

Do you have any update?
    Regards!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS4 is out. Mind if you guys make it iOS4 compatible? Typing with the PS3 On-Screen Keyboard with Sixaxis takes me forever... Hope this is iOS4 compatible

Not to burst the devs enthusiasm nor to downplay this idea (which I think is great, albeit hard), but for those who want a relitively cheap, good keyboard, buy a USB keyboard. Its what my bro and I use on LBP

Contact those bluetooth devs several posts ago!!

Posting in a grandfather of a thread, but please continue work on this. Those of us with PS3's would gladly buy an app that would have keyboard and mouse control via BT.

To clear up a few points:
    1. Wifi will not work for this. Shut up about wifi. The iPhone would need to emulate a BT keyboard. If you don't know what emulate means, just leave the thread.

2. Whether or not you can run "programs" on the PS3 is irrelevant. It's now hacked, but writing a program you could run would not allow you to type anywhere in the system or in-game. Hacking is not required on the PS3 side.

3. This would work with anything that can use a BT keyboard as an accessory, including computers, and even other iDevices. This could be especially useful once BT is unlocked on AppleTV!
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Have just seen a new app on Cydia called WeBe++ that would appear to offer this functionality.

It cost $5, from BigBoss.

Haven't tried it yet, but it says in the features that it works with PS3.

More Here
    Last edited by superlav; 12-13-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superlav View Post
    Have just seen a new app on Cydia called WeBe++ that would appear to offer this functionality.

It cost $5, from BigBoss.

Haven't tried it yet, but it says in the features that it works with PS3.

More Here
    Bought this app last night. I'm very pleased with it, it works well as a keyboard and the mouse feature works pretty good. Overall, for 5.00 dollars, I am thrilled with it. I just couldn't justify spending 50.00 for the OEM Sony PS3 keyboard when I would only use it once or twice a month. But spending $5.00 is perfect.

I am using this on a 14gb iphone 4 running 4.1 (jailbroken of course)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234