+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Calling iphone devs! Using the iPhone as a bluetooth keyboard for the Playstation 3

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by HR19 Sure there are, it's just not easy nah, its literally impossible lol
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HR19 View Post
    Sure there are, it's just not easy
    nah, its literally impossible lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is all largely irrelevant, as the Playstation 3 has the capabilities out-of-the-box to work with bluetooth HID devices as I understand. Let's not make this more difficult than it needs to be!
    If I write a really basic app, I'm gonna need a beta tester. No promises that it will ever get to that stage, but if it does, to be eligable, you must

1. Own a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch (2nd Gen)
    2. Own an UNMODIFIED playstation 3
    3. Be technically competent! (That means you know basic technical terminology, and can follow intermediate instructions!) A very basic understanding of bluetooth wouldn't go amiss
    4. Own a bluetooth keyboard
    4. Know how to connect said keyboard to your Playstation 3.

I know it seems like a lot of rules, but it is all neccesary for me to get the information I need since I cannot properly alpha test.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smeeshum's Avatar
    Thanks

I own all of the above and have a very good technical knowledge, if you think I can help PM me. I can already use my Official PS3 BT keyboard with my iPhone 3GS, would be cool to use the iPhone with the PS3 though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would be willing to test it out too, Im pretty competent with technology and I have a spare jailbroken ipod touch to test it out on too. Message me if you get to the beta testing stage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    i would be willing to beta/alpha test for you. i have a 3G[S] jailbroken, and a ps3 unmodded. PM me when/if you have more details.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Willing to beta test. Own jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 and second-wave 80GB PS3.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really would like a bluetooth keyboard for my PS3. If there is anything I can do to help, I will do it. I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 2g firmware 3.1.2 and an unmodified PS3 80gb. Unfortunately I don't have a bluetooth keyboard for it, but if there is anything I can do with the stuff I have, please ask!

Thanks

ahh damn, havent got a bluetooth keyboard but i fit all the other rules

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's been a couple of days. Any progress?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

While I do have a jailbroken iPhone 3G and a strong appreciation for all the devs here at MMi, I just became a member of this community solely to express my interest in this type of app as well. It seems that a lot of people think this would be a killer app to have for those of us with both the PS3 and the iPhone but no money left for a real BT Keyboard.

Thanks

hm, if this would work as a BT keyboard for the ps3, wouldnt it work as a BT keyboard for a PC as well? since this wouldnt need a program on the ps3 it wouldnt need one on the PC. if so then you can make your tests on a PC and it should have the same result on the ps3

then again the ps3 has the ability built into it, PC's might not

Thanks

Your right though, it should work on both.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lfc_ View Post
    hm, if this would work as a BT keyboard for the ps3, wouldnt it work as a BT keyboard for a PC as well? since this wouldnt need a program on the ps3 it wouldnt need one on the PC. if so then you can make your tests on a PC and it should have the same result on the ps3

then again the ps3 has the ability built into it, PC's might not
    Well, if you get Air Mouse (app), it allows you to control your mouse and other stuff using your device. One of the things it can do is a keyboard. So, you can use your iPod Touch as a keyboard for your PC, but via wi-fi.

Thanks
    I have all as stated in previous post, I m happy to be beta tester

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know nothing about creating these types of things, so this suggestion may be completely stupid.

How about starting the testing by connecting a bluetooth adapter to a PS3 and then trying to see how the iPod Touch or iPhone connects to the adapter using its bluetooth?

If that isn't possible, why not do it on the PC instead?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would pay for an app like this fwiw.

But if it takes too long to come out, I will just buy myself the little clip on keyboard and forget about it.

Thanks

any updates?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I feel the same way, this thread is on my favourites and I refresh it everyday xD

Is anyone thinking about making this App? ;o

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What sucks is that BTStack is only meant to be implemented as a Bluetooth Host, not really a client. Emulating a client is really hard to do, because you have to emulate it's whole bluetooth infrastructure. If there can be ANY way to do it, it will be in a very updated version of BTStack, because BTStack, when enabled, replaces Apple's BTDaemon with its own. That would be the only way to do this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckramea1234 View Post
    What sucks is that BTStack is only meant to be implemented as a Bluetooth Host, not really a client. Emulating a client is really hard to do, because you have to emulate it's whole bluetooth infrastructure. If there can be ANY way to do it, it will be in a very updated version of BTStack, because BTStack, when enabled, replaces Apple's BTDaemon with its own. That would be the only way to do this
    This is very true, it has been done with iBlueNova, they remade the stack so its possible, just finding devs to do it, there are 2 teams for iBluetooth, meDevil and his old team who also helped make the stack, maybe they would be willing to take up on this project? ^_^