Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: edit id3 tags of songs on the iphone

Default edit id3 tags of songs on the iphone
    an app that lets you rename a songs id3 tag, sometimes i just want to take out an underscore so that the artist's one song is not in a whole other artist category!

i know i can do this from itunes, but sometimes, you just don't wanna connect to the computer

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what your saying and I have been searching for an app that can satisfy my need to do this. I hope it will come. I don't know of one yet. I'll let you know if I find one.

Exclamation Same.
    I'm also looking for this (after repeated google searches, not much is out there on this.. ). I have heard there are difficulties syncing with iTunes data when the ipod is connected to the computer again..

I do have non-iTunes .mp3 files stored on my device that I play via phpPod. phpPod looks at the the ID3 tags of the .mp3 file to sort songs, and as of now the only way for me to edit the ID3 tags is to SSH into my device and edit the tags on my computer. It would be much easier if I could just edit the tags right on the device.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

iTunes syncs ID3 just fine, so I don't see what the problem would be.

Use mewseek but it only works on unprotected audio files. Any way to unprotect?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Would be a nice tweak

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 333qaz333 View Post
    I'm also looking for this (after repeated google searches, not much is out there on this.. ). I have heard there are difficulties syncing with iTunes data when the ipod is connected to the computer again..

I do have non-iTunes .mp3 files stored on my device that I play via phpPod. phpPod looks at the the ID3 tags of the .mp3 file to sort songs, and as of now the only way for me to edit the ID3 tags is to SSH into my device and edit the tags on my computer. It would be much easier if I could just edit the tags right on the device.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    how do you edit the id3 tags over ssh? regular files in the music app or for whatever app you use?