Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wep crack

Default wep crack
    KIsMAC this would be great app for everyone who live around wifi area that are wep enabled,

KIsMACis a graet mac app
    a good webcrack port
    maybe aircrack or something
    Last edited by z3r01; 09-27-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Please do not talk about illegal stuff at MMi. You have 200+ posts. You should know by now.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

ummm kismac isn't illegal, it is used to check the security of ones network and it's vulnerability and such....

Thanks

cracking wep is illegal. why do you think they locked their network?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

it isn't used to crack into others networks.while it may be a dubious application to have, it's actual purpose is to test the security of YOUR own network.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Chase817
    cracking wep is illegal. why do you think they locked their network?

Chase817 - The Guy Who [wants to be a mod so bad]

I think this website is more concerned with Warez and not being called mmiphone or mmifone, than cracking wep software, because they would have to shut down their hackintosh talk among others as well!

Wait MetaSploit , nmap, istumbler, are all this stuff is fine, but aircrack-ng is not? That doesn't make much sense chase. But to answer the question for everyone else. The chances of seeing aircrack on the iphone are slim for two very important purposes.

1. Aircrack is very picky as to what software can actually use it. So not all hardware can use it. So the iPhone may or may not be able to be put into monitor mode. But if your iphone is put to monitor mode it will disable your wireless killing the whole point of using wireless.

2. Even some of the cards that support monitoring mode in promisicous can't do packet injection which makes the whole wep cracking process long, so long you might kill your battery just waiting. That is assuming that you can open up two terminals and run both aireplay and airodump at the same time... which would of course theoretically come quite a bit of battery power out of your iphone.

Combine the rarity of the card that supports one and the other.. you get very slim slim chances that something like a cell phone can support aircrack. Trust me, if it supports it and anyone wants to build it , I'm all for it. Then i wouldn't have to carry my old lappy with backtrack on it. But the chances of such are thing are nearly impossible for something like an iPhone.
    Last edited by mrbritesidez; 10-11-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    Chase817 - The Guy Who [wants to be a mod so bad]

I think this website is more concerned with Warez and not being called mmiphone or mmifone, than cracking wep software, because they would have to shut down their hackintosh talk among others as well!
    Hackintosh simply violate EULA... unless you are pirating, this is hardly illegal.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Hackintosh simply violate EULA... unless you are pirating, this is hardly illegal.
    Unless you happen to come across the version of OS X that has

";-)"

For its EULA

Not that i would know anything about that....

Never the less, there is absolutely nothing illegal with discussing wep cracking or any type of cracking for that matter.

Nor are the tools used illegal. Using these tools on your own network is perfectly legal. Using these tools on a network with the permission of the owner is legal.

War driving around and hiding outside next to someones house cracking their network. See that's bad...

But anyways, how else are we to defeat the forces of evil and secure ourselves unless we understand and know how to defeat the tools that they use?
    Last edited by boe_dye; 10-12-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

@ sziklassy- Please tell me how you can install a legit version of Leopard you buy from an apple store or anywhere else for that matter on any computer besides a Mac.

disregard this post.

i wrote something here, but i can't delete it after i realized that what i said was completely wrong.

So consider my post a delete.
    Last edited by boe_dye; 10-12-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: stupid answer...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Still, aircrack is just a network utility to test the strength of your network, regardless of what others use it for...it's like dark alex and what he does with the psp, he made his customs firmwares to run homebrew and backups and slot of people use it for piracy... Not what the original developer intended it's use for

Depending on which version, with build 9A581 I know that you can use the BrazilMac patch, however this requires terminal access on a mac so if you have a friend with a mac and you buy a leopard disk you are good. I did this with my cousin's mac and am now running hackintosh fully legally. I am sure that there are other BrazilMac patches for other build versions. Google is your friend.

Would be awesome, IMO not going to happen.

There needs to be cracked madwifi drivers, but most of all, AN AUTOMATED WAY TO CRACK WEP. (Seriously, you can't type enough for this task, and the screen is too small)

Hope you have an ac adapter too, this will drain you.