+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Magnifier

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm going blind. That's why I got the iphone. Not 'coz it looks cool, or because I'm a fan boy (I'm a pc). The large keypad for the phone is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Magnifier
    I'm going blind. That's why I got the iphone. Not 'coz it looks cool, or because I'm a fan boy (I'm a pc). The large keypad for the phone is what attracted me to it, as it is the only one I can see clearly now.
    However, as one does when getting a new toy, I have come to realise it is so much more than just a big keypad. Unfortunately its all a bit hard for me to see.
    Even with the built in text sizes included in some apps, I cannot use other apps very well due to text/item size restrictions. Especially when it comes to cydia and installer.
    Would it be possible for someone to create a software magnifier (.i.e. windows magnifier), that could sit on top of the springboard and apps, or run alongside springboard and other apps, movable by finger, configurable by size and magnification within settings?
    I know that this may seem a big ask, but considering some of the other breathtaking and astounding apps that are popping up on a daily basis from 3rd party developers, I figure someone will have the know how and the charitable personality to pull it off.

Cheers

CC.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipod Magnifer
    Hi,
    I too am going blind. I'm also looking for an app/software that would magnifyIphone Ipod touch screens. I use a software program by Ai Squared "zoomtext". This software lays over the Windows operating systems and magnifis most programs.

Perhaps someone who is familliar with zoomtext could develop an that funitions much like that software.

Please let me know
    Thanks
    smitnla

Green Apple
    Thanks

Glasses? Monocle?
    Macbook Pro 17" Unibody (Late 07) Leopard, Macbook Air 2nd Gen Leopard, Macbook 1st Gen CD Tiger, iPhone 3G 16GB 2.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

deafmac, grow a brain, and maybe a heart. Glasses? Monocle? Are you an ignoramus? We are going BLIND, not just short sighted like yourself. Pardon the flame, but your a ******* moron.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

+1

Green Apple
    Thanks

meh....sorry...when I wrote that, I was half asleep....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea something like this would be awesome... i have a time limit everyday on how much time I can be on my iphone before my vision gets blurry.

Thanks

This may not be a long term solution but you can change your fonts on your which may help if the fonts are large enough. While it won't increase font size, other fonts may be easier to read. The app is fontswap and you can get different font packs to go with it.