+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone mmorpg

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi everyone! I'm posting this message as a game lover, forwarding a chalenge to all programers who use this forum. I have been thinking on a concept for a game
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Iphone mmorpg
    Hi everyone!

I'm posting this message as a game lover, forwarding a chalenge to all programers who use this forum. I have been thinking on a concept for a game for some time now, but never found a platform that would be sufince for what i intended. The concept is still a bit "imature" but i hope to consolidate it with further ideas from people that would be interested in participating.

My biggest problem is i hate programming!!! *sorry*
    I like to work the concept part and graphic design.

The project, itself, is an mmorpg, that should use edge or wifi, but that could also be played solo or offline. Obviously, the general graphics would be somewhat like the early zelda, FF, or Pokemon with a top view (i dont like pokemon personaly, but the gameplay and graphics are good in the later titles for GBA and DS). The gameplay should be based on classic rpg like system, but with battles based on a KOTOR like style, where the abilities queue this permits better battle animation sequences.

The biggest inovation that i propose, will be reserved to the people that may be interested.

At this point, i called the concept Tiki vs Tech. The story is based on a civilization that devided in two factions, one believing in magic and the old ways of the spirits and the other, relying interily in technology.

Reply to the post with your own ideas, and if you think your up to the chalenge to take this idea one step beyond! you can also contact me through pm.

P.S. I believe that waiting for the SDK IS an option. But planning this will take some time, so lets get started :P
    Last edited by Onura; 02-26-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

fricken awsome if it used edge i would be on it 24/7
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Heath, thanks for the support! if i manage too pull this one off... i would be on it 24/7/365 days a year!!!! :P
    i love gamming

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unless you made limited AKA lobby style interaction you are gonna need some servers to hold the world you play on.

But if you made it smaller scale (IE website you made the connection through) it would be more possible, just have one of the persons in the group host

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the thing about the server is true! And i thought of that! This are all things i would like to overview with any person that would like to take part in the project. There are certainly thousands of things i have overlooked!!! The web based game would just kill the feeling of the game... I often get that with web based games.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Coders
    You'll need a couple programmers to make a good MMO for the iPhone. Some with a bit of knowledge in client-server design would be good. You'd also need some artists to make the game. It would also take some dedicated time commitment.

If you write out a design document, I may have some extra hours I could code for you.

Thanks

I would be glad to host a server on my home network. My speeds are more than capable at 23mb download and 2.3mb upload. So if you really want to get this thing going, we are gonna need some serious developers to make it. We will either need to develop the game in javascript which would make it kind of crippled, or we could just make an independent app which would allow for much more 3d gameplay and people could even download some of the game files onto their phones to make it not so harsh on the game server. I am a lover of mmorpg's and this would be a dream come true if we can make it happen. Come on guys =) we can do this! Now who wants to take on the challenge of coding this beast? If needed, I could even design some sprites for the game if anyone is really serious about this. One thing I may recommend is that we could make a runescape type mmorpg in the way you move and the ability to talk. Think gpsPhone landscape mode, crossed with safari's text input and zooming and ability to move the character with a built in d-pad on the screen and the touchscreen to turn the camera. We could have a small text box on the bottom of the screen that you could tap and the keyboard pops up to enter messages to say in-game. I think we should discuss this with Zod and a few other devs because this is a very hard task to take on. If we can accomplish such a task? I think we should make this an Installer app instead of an SDK app. More people will jailbreak to play the game, it will be lighter on the servers and we can provide updates and new levels through the installer app to keep users busy with new quests and goals. If you would like to talk more about this with me, just send me a PM
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 03-27-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

yay have you guys started making it yet! i would love to test a beta at some stage
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Woah, sort of a big bump don't you guys think? Anyways, I would love to help with graphic design (I'm specially good at interfaces), and I could also help with concept design if needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

Hellz yea! About time someone thought of this! Ill defanately beta every version you release if you want!

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

I can also help with graphic design
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

Thanks

We are looking for 3 good developers and 3 graphic designers to get this project started.
    Anyone with a good knowledge of server/client is welcome too.

If you would like to get involved with the project, please PM me or post in this thread.

Developer
    Requirements:

Must have a good knowledge of objective C.
    Knowledge of Javascript is a plus, but not required.

Graphic Designers
    Requirements:

Must have access to image editing software.
    Must be creative.

If you meet any of the requirements above and would like to become involved in the project, please post your skills in this thread or PM me.

We won't have a beta for a while, but you can still post here if you would like to beta test when it becomes available. The iPhone mmorpg is on the way
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 03-28-2008 at 07:28 AM.

Developer
    Thanks

this looks interesting ^^
    Why Donate : Because apps should not have a pricetag =)

iPark 0.1 | iDope BETA | wk iPhone Apps | wkLive service

Thanks

We're looking for a few people to get this project started. It would be a good chance to get alot of coding experience. If your interested send a PM
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

When it works PM me ;p
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

maybe if its possible to bring back old games .. if some 1 could get the sorce code for helbreath or somthing like that.

theres some games out there that could be preety fun like those online streat racing games u get in newgrounds.com " u can deck out ur cars and race others.. it be preety sweet due to iphones touch screen.. changing gears clutch and gas and stuff ... any 1?
    Last edited by enjoiruso; 04-03-2008 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

We could make a good racing game, and maybe even include netplay. I'll think about that suggestion.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi ppl maybe another idea ;D

A remake of the 1997 game the longest journey its probably one of the best point and click adventure game around and all scenes except the characters are allready rendered. And i think the point and click genre would do great on the iphone i know this is not much a mmorpg but i'd still be freaking awesome ^^

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I posted about this idea a few days ago, I'm stoked that you've gotton replies! I dont even care about this concept from a financial end(however, that would be nice). Honestly, I'm glad to see that interest is being gained!

It would be nice to see the volume buttons integrated in a game, seeing as how these are the only real buttons aside from the home. Using them to pull up/ scroll through different menus might be a stand up idea. This would free up screen space for battle options. Level design would have to be kept on the low end, all things considered the iphone wont even run golden sun. Perhaps a Final Fantasy map design might not be a bad idea (if you were to make individual towns in the game, make interactive icons on the map look like cities). Also, i would like to see some new, interactive, and original battle system ideas. There are only so many options available, but if this project really takes shape perhaps something new could be created!
    Last edited by Grassmasta; 09-16-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile I could defintely help out
    I would love to help out with doing any sort of graphic design work for the game / logos / buttons, etc.