+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone mmorpg

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi folks, me and my friend are working in C and in LUA to get something together that will eventually become an MMO. Our graphics are pretty much black and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I think we have a bit of the same idea
    Hi folks, me and my friend are working in C and in LUA to get something together that will eventually become an MMO. Our graphics are pretty much black and white with squares and circles that move around the screen. Basically we are testing collisions and interactions between objects. We are both game developers with different background. Im more AI and he is Rendering focused. Our artistic side ain't really developed but i'm sure we can find some people to help out.

Game concepts:
    - PVE...a kind of dungeon running MMO. No realy level grinding but more a MMO that you have to progress through dungeons to be able to get to the next one.

- 1 dungeon per server instance.

- No factions, we want everyone in the same boat...and this is pve and not pvp...We did think that we can have pvp related dungeon runs....think of 2 groups of 5 players starting a dungeon but competing vs each other to get to the last boss...first one there gets a first try and might kill him or they might not...Not implemented but we will keep the idea open.

- Modern warfare team...Starcraft style. Guns, lasers, EMP, Nano enhancements, Missiles, Grenades and so on

- Loot that give you extra abilities...Think of mega man . A boss dies, loot drops, but some bosses will drop loot needed to kill the last boss. Fire boss will drop a flame gun, that can be used on another boss for when he freezes a party member in an an ice cube....that's the concept we are going for

- 2D / 3d graphics with a top view...FF style from back in the day but less pixelated.

- Tool bar for special moves

- Multiple talents trees. (Need ideas here we are still working on the engine and server connections)

- No crafting or economy for now...might change but its hard to manage all of that with the bunch of hackers out there that just want to cause trouble....and damn farmers

- Multi touch screen capabilities to move the character and to use skills at the same time

...thats all i can think of right now but we have put a lot on paper and have started coding. We need design artists and extra coders that WON'T steal our code like the last guy we let in. This is for fun, but we want people getting involved.

Contact me for more info

KRR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You guys want to form a team? I've got a pretty good idea for an mmorpg + racing game in one...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I could try to help with any graphic design. I don't have much time at all but could take on small tasks just to help out. I love the idea and just keep waiting for a good mmo to come out for the iphone. I had a list of things I had thought up that would help a mmo be good for an iphone but I will have to write them down and post later. Keep us posted.

KRR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zacreeves View Post
    I could try to help with any graphic design. I don't have much time at all but could take on small tasks just to help out. I love the idea and just keep waiting for a good mmo to come out for the iphone. I had a list of things I had thought up that would help a mmo be good for an iphone but I will have to write them down and post later. Keep us posted.
    Do u have an email or AOL AIM screen name?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would be happy to donate money for server costs if you guys are actually serious about this

KRR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm serious... I can't code to save my life, but I can use photoshop and all that junk really well plus I have a great idea of the game... I wish there was a better way to talk to each other besides this forum

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,

here is an update on what me and my friend have put together in the past few months. Actual game dev at work as been keeping us from working extra hours on the iphone game but we have still found a way to add a few functionnalities that i had talked about in December 2008.

We are still with the ugly black squares and circles but we can now add other shapes with certain properties...like triangles that can be targeted and we can see what type of mob it is with hp and level.

We also got the multi touch to work and got a type of tool bar setup to access other menus or to launch special code to do an action...like shoot a missile. Still working on server to calculate the final dmg and retransmit the data to the client.

Also tried implementing out first classes with the first talent tree and have fun with it. Lately we attempted craeting 2 other classes but havent come around to specifying new talents so we used the same one for all 3. Only thing different with each are the starting stats and the name of the class:

- Heavy (Armored warrior that can use heavy weapons...kind of like the tank...but can also be dps)

- Commando (Long range fighter with medium light weapons)

- Sealth assassin (Melee range figther with light melee weapons)

...more classes to come once we can actually balance the talent trees and have something working correctly

We also have the start of a gear panel that MyOPlAx helped develop. A few touch ups have been done, not yet completed but its a good start.

My friend is still working on the rendering side of things to do special effects and try to do fire effects and sparkles and what not.

He also started working on a LUA script for the boss scripts...but not tested and is still in really early stages.

Thats all for now folks. Ill be posting screenshots on the next update to show you our ghetto interface...its not our main priority for now but during summer time we will have a lot more extra time to program on the patio with some beers.

Peace out y'all

Naomar
    Last edited by Naomar; 04-06-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Corrections

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up re: iphone mmorpg
    Here's what I've been working on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvcNLI2_04

No sparkles, but the world is huge (circleMUD-based) and the previews might give you guys some ideas.

Good luck with your project!

plamzi
    http://bedlam.eyecandid.com

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12