+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missed call/Message/Text flash alert system?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I recently had a problem where i broke down and my brother did not know i called because his phone did not indicate to him that he had missed a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Missed call/Message/Text flash alert system?
    I recently had a problem where i broke down and my brother did not know i called because his phone did not indicate to him that he had missed a call. i think this is a small modification but it should be integrated into every single phone, theres no reason to keep the screen on or anything, it could just flash, or vibrate, or make a sound, something.

Could anyone be of assistance? I have a fully jailbroken iPhone i know all about apps and stuff like that this just seems really logical and if i have a problem again this could really do some damage

Thank you

Thanks

join the club. I had this happen to me 4 times since Sunday. I had been blaming 3g but had that shut off when this happened today.

Interestingly I came across something where somebody had an issue with this caused by a corrupted installation of BossPrefs. Just fir kicks and giggles I uninstalled Boss prefs and rebooted my signal bars went straight to 5 bars and haven't wavered. I've been hiding email and safari for the past hour and signal hasn't even hiccuped. Granted this is just data but I haven't had 3g uninterrupted for this long ever. I had noticed the other day that sometimes the. 3g toggle in settings and in BossPrefs did not match. It also occurred to me that my signal bars would drop the minute I opened up the Boss Prefs app.

My plan is to run without it for awhile then try to reinstall it.

Thanks

its called intelliscreen

Thanks

Don't have Intelliscreen nor did I ever.

What I just experimented with is seeing what happens if the phone call comes in right when the network is switching between 3G and Edge. Interestingly, it seems that if a call, text or whatever comes in too son after the phone switches from 3G to EDGE, even if the bars pop up before the phone rings, the call will go straight to voicemail. If someone doesnt leave a message, then no way of knowing someone even tried to call. The calls seems to come through better when switching from EDGE to 3G. 5 out of 5 calls went straight to voice mail while switching from 3G to Edge, compared to only 1 out of 5 going to voicemail when switching from edge to 3G. All this means is that the iPhone seems ot switch from edge to 3G faster than it des to go from 3G to edge. If the call happens to come in during that few seconds of no bars, well it goes to voice mail. So then for the number of missed calls we are getting, it seems like they all can't be coiming in while the iphone is switching networks.

OK so now what? Well my thought is this, seems like the issue happens more when our phones are in sleep mode. The question that comes to mind is this. Does the iPhone still switch between 3G and Edge when it is alseep? Could it be that when the phone is in sleep mode and the 3G signal is lost, that the iPhone wont switch to edge? if so, could a fix be made?

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottkay View Post
    I recently had a problem where i broke down and my brother did not know i called because his phone did not indicate to him that he had missed a call. i think this is a small modification but it should be integrated into every single phone, theres no reason to keep the screen on or anything, it could just flash, or vibrate, or make a sound, something.

Could anyone be of assistance? I have a fully jailbroken iPhone i know all about apps and stuff like that this just seems really logical and if i have a problem again this could really do some damage

Thank you
    i'm with ya bro. i initially had a similar issue with my treo 700p (coming from a moto) until i downloaded "butler" which allowed "nagging" tones or flashes as desired. i.e. nag tone every 30 sec, or 60 sec...for 5 minutes or 10 minutes or never! it did the same same with led flashes. i'm a doc who can't miss calls when i'm on call.....this issue is really bumming me too. hopefully some software folks hear about this or are working on it already.

can an administrator please change my username to oxtox....not my email address! sorry, but i can't seem to manage it myself right now. istructions on how i could would be welcome.

thanx
    Last edited by oxtox; 11-15-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost