+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gamepad For iPod Touch & iPhone

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hold on to your seatbelts ladies & gentlemen, this is going to make you say HELL Yeah(I'm hoping so). Taking the factors of what I seen the iPod Touch &
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Gamepad For iPod Touch & iPhone
    Hold on to your seatbelts ladies & gentlemen, this is going to make you say HELL Yeah(I'm hoping so).

Taking the factors of what I seen the iPod Touch & the iPhone can do in turns of games and motion based control, I present a idea that some might have always wished for.

Let me set this all up. In the game Labyrinth you move the ball to through the maze without getting the ball in the dead zones or the black holes. You moved your iPod Touch or iPhone up, down, left, right and the ball responded to your movement.

In the gSPHONE & Nes Emulator, there is on screen controls that allow you to control the game via those areas on the screen.

Alright, combining the concepts that I have just told you about, why not have a gamepad for the iPod Touch & iPhone that would allow you to use Wireless to control your games on the computer? Example, say I wanted to play Quake III, Instead of using the keyboard & mouse, I would move my device up or down to represent movement, left or right to turn etc and have on screen controls for fire, jump, etc etc.

With the application TrackPad:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/ybQIcsPtahA&rel=1

Is where I got the idea for this. So what do you guys think? Could this be done? Comments or suggestions. Also, I am no programmer by any means, or I would make this happen!

EDIT: Ha, here is another idea that just came to mind. What about using the motion based sensors over wifi to have a wii like controller? Now thats just pure crazy!
    Last edited by ma5t3rw1tt; 02-25-2008 at 05:46 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome idea,
    i posted an app idea about 2 months ago for the track pad idea (got deleted soon after) and then before i knew if some amazing person has made that app idea come to life, im using it right now, best app this year for sure.
    hopefully someone just as talented will pick up on this idea, i cant see any reason why this wouldnt work, as long as your connecting with wifi, but im no programmer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loocfa View Post
    awesome idea,
    i posted an app idea about 2 months ago for the track pad idea (got deleted soon after) and then before i knew if some amazing person has made that app idea come to life, im using it right now, best app this year for sure.
    hopefully someone just as talented will pick up on this idea, i cant see any reason why this wouldnt work, as long as your connecting with wifi, but im no programmer.
    ---------------

Yeah I love the trackpad app. I use it when laying in bed to control my music.
    One of the many great apps written for the iPhone & iPod Touch!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not sure this is viable. The VNC server that is required by trackpad is too laggy. I'm sure it is possible to create an application like this, but think about the lag time between pushing the button and seeing the action on screen.

A little off subject, but have you seen remote buddy v1.8? google it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Had same idea
    I just registered specifically to comment on this post. I just told my wife last week how cool it would be to make an app that would let you use your iPhone or iPod touch as a wireless game controller. It would be awesome for flight sims and other full dimension games. I agree that it would be too lag over wifi most likely. I tried one of those trackpad apps and it was super lag over a highspeed network. I was thinking that it might have a better chance if it used bluetooth wireless protocol instead just like the PS3. If the app could be created as a discoverable service from a bluetooth manager. Anyway... just a thought... I downloaded the new SDK package from Apple and thought I'd start palyin with it...

Not to be a jerk. (and i mean that)

But when you really think about your suggestion, it reminds me of something used already. A 'joystick'.

Push left to go left, right to go right, up to go foward.

Just doesn't seem practical to me.

If it hasn't been done yet, it probably isn't practical to programmers either.

Again, i'm just saying the truth, doesn't make sense.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can use itap which is available in the app store and your own wii remote!