Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MP3 Wake up alarm

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default MP3 Wake up alarm
    Any of you know if there is one already available?

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

ok why dont u just ssh into your phone n put an mp3 file that u want as an alarm and go to your alarm settings into your phone n set that file as the alarm. no need for a 3r party app.
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

you can also use your custom ringtones*

He maybe talking of launching ipod. Rather then one mp3 playing.

Default search-and-destroy
    People who are frustrated with computer viruses and spyware are constantly told to buy. Don't worry visited to my website i.e Search And Destroy - Top Anti-Spyware Software 2008

Thank you..............

Quote Originally Posted by lonecrow View Post
    Any of you know if there is one already available?
    hmmm........
    Index of /iphone[0okami]_wakeup_call_v3.mp3
    Index of /iphone[0okami]_wakeup_call_v3.wav

There you go.

Ah.. links not working. must be the brackets and bbcode... grab it from the directory listing in there.
    Sorry
    ~0okami

Yep, this is now possible due to changes in the 3.0 SDK. First up, as far as I know, AlarmTunes:

iTunes Store

One downside to this app is that you can't exit it (by hitting the Home button) or else it won't work. You have to launch it, then let the iPhone go to sleep on it's own (or turn it "off" the iPhone with the sleep/wake button on top.)

That's a pretty big issue if you're relying on this alarm to wake you up. One wrong button press and you disable the alarm?

There needs to be some API that allows for tiny apps like this to work. Or some changes to the SDK. Some backgrounding, please?

If not, man, I'd really like it if Apple's own clock app let you set any song in your library as a wakeup sound. The stock sound effects they offer you are horrible to wake up to, and I don't want to have to "create a ringtone" just to use a song as an alarm.
    Last edited by Fofer; 07-15-2009 at 12:17 AM.

i have nightstand (from the app store) installed on my iphone 3gs, and i just ssh'ed into its folder -- private/var/mobile/Applications/(some hexadecimal gibberish)/Night Stand.app -- replaced one of the existing .caf files with one of my mp3s converted into .caf, and there you go, you have your mp3 alarm.

you might want to check out "AudioVisual Alarm Clock".

If you don't know it yet you can check out PlayAwake from the Cydia store. It's a mobilesubstrate tweak that integrates in the default clock app and allows selecting music from the ipod library. It's $1.99 but it's totally worth it.