Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SlingBox player for iphone

Default SlingBox player for iphone
    Any chance we'll ever see someone develop Slingplayer mobile for the iphone?
    I've been waiting so long to see this happen...please someone work on it. I may even be willing to finance a project if someone thinks they can do it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pmunks For This Useful Post:

Deg Yong Yu (08-04-2009)

Dude i've been waiting for this app to come out for so long now. If i had hair i would be pulling it out. What sucks most is that sling has this app already to go and can release it to the jailbreak community but don't want to.

Hi cant you just use the browser to view your sling shot?

Yeah, I've been waiting for this one as well. Knowing that it was on the horizon is what pushed me over the edge to buy an iPhone. Hopefully Sling can get it on the app store soon!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just on SlingBox and for fun I typed in iPhone on the search and it came back with some results. This one being the most promising.

Senior Engineer, SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone Client Application Developer

Someone has to need a job right? Come on, Coomme Oonnn.

Atleast they are trying. I would love to see this happen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I might buy a slingbox if an iTunes app came out. Good to see they are hiring someone with iPhone programing skills. (that only means one thing)

The proof of concept looks fun
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/08/s...le-for-iphone/

Echostar bought sling? that doesnt sound good: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=540861

For now I'm waiting for orblive iphone app to roll out soon. It's free too. All you need is a PC and a TV Tuner. (media center is the best for added access to DVR recordings) ((mac version of orb in the works by the way))

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

Orb Community View Forum - OrbLive - Orb on the iPhone

Until then, I'll make do with Poptiq (free videos on the iphone, check it out)
    Last edited by JazJon; 09-18-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks

They have showed this proof of concept to us in june... STOP TEASING US! Obviously apple is not approving this app for various reasons. If applications like "ibeer" and even something maintstream like "AIM" can be released within weeks of the appstore's inital opening, why can't slingbox be approved. What I'm trying to get across here is just release it for jailbroken phones/touches! I would definitely pay for it as would 90% of all other sling owners. I hope somebody at Slingmedia sees this and makes a decision already!
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

At this point I'd pay for a copy of this app that only works on jailbroken phones. I guess I can't wait for Android to come out and force Apple to reevaluate how they run the app store.

Sling website indicates they will be submitting their first release of the mobile player iPhone app to Apple in 1Q 2009. You can submit your e-mail address to be notified when it becomes available.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

If this APP comes out I'll go steal back my sling box player from my little brother. I can't wait for this ... hopefully they make with an Message and phone call block so they don't interupt programming ... at least give you the option in the settings

I have a Slingbox and for over a year used it for my Blackberry Bold, I purchased the Iphone 3GS model and purchased the Slingbox app. I am not happy with the Wifi only access, my phone is Jailbroken and i also have purchased 3g unrestrictor however cannot get to work without having to use wifi, does anyone have any solutions that may help me. I believe i have everything hooked up correctly, after all i have been and still can recieve quality tv on my Bold.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there is an app in cydia that tricks slingplayer into running on 3g and Edge.

EDIT: or there used to be. I just tried to find it but with no success. Maybe I'm going crazy
    Last edited by hfinmyblood; 08-03-2009 at 11:07 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This app you are referring to is called 3G Unrestrictor..it went to a pay app but its only $2.00

Macdaddy...Try contacting the developer on Twitter(@crashx)..He/She is pretty good about helping people sort things out

Thanks for the response, i purchased the app from Cydia before purchasing the SlingBox. I have followed all the steps correctly and it still doesnt work. i spoke to CrashX and he told me to follow the troubleshooting steps. He said he wouldn't be much help because he doesnt have a Slingbox. I also have a Blackberry Bold and it works just fine on the device. So i actually dont think its the setting. It's driving me nuts, i wanna get it working so bad, i have a 3GS

Macdaddyb,

When trying to connect, how far does it get? Also, what speed network are you trying to connect on 3g or Edge?

I do not know if I can be of much help but it may help us narrow down what may be causing the issue.

BTW - I do have 3g Unrestrictor working with my slingplayer but I did not need to do anything special to get it to work. Also, there are times that it does not connect and I have to relaunch slingplayer.