Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Book Catalog

Default Book Catalog
    I love books. I have a pretty good collection that is hard to keep up with. Also I love used book stores. But how can I be sure I don't buy a book I already have?

How about a Book Catalog app that works kinda like contacts? But searchable by title and author...and maybe a wanted books tab for stuff you don't have yet...but will buy when you find it.

-Leganto

I tried to just cp -R the MobileAddressBook.app directory to BookCatalog.app and changed the app name to BookCatalog

Then I went into Categories and added BookCatalog to a category and got it to run...but it used the same database as MobileAddressBook . One database I am guessing... after a few minutes of messing around...I Crashed both apps...and now I can't access database with either one. Time for a restore I guess. An app will have to be written to access it's own database...

Is there a way to modify the code to use a different database? I doubt it...it's probably a compiled binary...

Interesting side note...The search contacts 3rd party app still works. So the database isn't fried. I just messed up the apps directory somehow.

-Leganto
    Last edited by Leganto; 01-29-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Watch out for Delicious Library 2… I hope the will take care of the iPhone too.

At least you can have your whole Library Online with… maybe it'll become an app too.

Sounds nice. I need a standalone app though. One that I can use in a used book store I spy off the side of the interstate in BFE.

I wouldn't mind coding it up myself if I must...I could certainly do something up pretty quick in python...text only.... Be nice to take advantage of the wonderful touch interface though.

If someone could point me to some source examples of the kinetic scrolling and and toolchain guides...I wouldn't mind coding it up myself.

Sounds nice. I need a standalone app though. One that I can use in a used book store I spy off the side of the interstate in BFE.

I wouldn't mind coding it up myself if I must...I could certainly do something up pretty quick in python...text only.... Be nice to take advantage of the wonderful touch interface though.

If someone could point me to some source examples of the kinetic scrolling and and toolchain guides...I wouldn't mind coding it up myself.
    Last edited by Leganto; 01-30-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

For my DVD library, I use Delicious Library, export as a website and install it on my iPhone. Then, using Safari and Apache, I run it locally.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Leganto (01-31-2008)

Can you edit it on the fly?
    Not a bad idea though.

I wonder if anyone has gotten a cms running on an iphone or ipod touch...

Installed Apache and php. Put W2 wiki in the documents folder... sorta works. A bug in preg-replace part of the code makes it display nothing...ripped that out...replaced with some basename code...works a little better. hard on battery, rough.

Still need a native app.

Having a webserver with php does make it more flexible perhaps...
    Last edited by Leganto; 01-31-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone found an app to catalog a library of books? I would like to see something that is similar to coverflow for books, flip through them and tap on them to see all the info, copyright, isbn, binding, etc.