Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM #13rd party Tethering App like NetShare?
Ok i believe this is my first post... I was curious to see if a dev could make a 3rd party app for cydia that works on the firmware 2.0 that works the same way NetShare does because NetShare was unfortunately removed from the app store... i know its possible to tether without netshare but a app like NetShare makes it easier for the non-tech savvy people out there... i would use tethering there was a easier way to do it... but it wouldn't be worth it unless there was app like NetShare that doesn't require the user to spend a lot of time setting it up... which NetShare did... please reply if your interested!
08-04-2008, 01:18 AM #2
Just install 3Proxy from Cydia, and then make a custom services switch inside of BossPrefs as follows:
/usr/bin/socks -d -p1080
08-06-2008, 06:50 PM #3
ok i have 1g iphone and its on fw2.0 with cydia but no 3proxy on it where can i dl it and how to manually install it
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM #4
Use cydia to search and install itEverytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)
08-10-2008, 06:31 PM #5
08-13-2008, 09:33 PM #6
Hey could you label the steps to add a custom services switch in bossprefs?
10-14-2008, 11:27 AM #7
Basically all you have to do is...
1. In the name box type: Tether
2. In the Start box type: /usr/bin/socks -d -p1080
3. In the Stop box type: /usr/bin/killall socks
4. In the Process box type: socks
5. And in the Icon box type: /Applications/BossPrefs.app/socks.png
6. Hit Save
7. Enjoy and be sure to check out my page at MySpace.com - SpectrÃ© - New Haven, Connecticut - Lyrical / Hip Hop / Rap - www.myspace.com/spectrebandpage