+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Record Phone Calls

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
well if grandcentral.com lets new people join, you can record calls there too.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

well if grandcentral.com lets new people join, you can record calls there too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linedpaper View Post
    Obviously this thread is a bit old, but in case some of you are still looking...

iXtension iLog 2.0
    according to the site "Coming soon" so that means your post would be useless

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It hasn't even been released yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ya would luv to see an app like for the ifone

Thanks

the guys that make iTalk are coming out with one soon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This would be awesome to have and I have been hoping someone would do this for quite a while.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm new and would donate.

thanks,
    Texascop

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there's a way to do it but it requires you do it on your mac. i've posted a how-to here:

Rory's Internets Audio Blog: Record iPhone conversations on a Mac with WireTap

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Aaah.

Recorded phone calls.

The ultimate form of blackmail >

Thanks

are we ever gonna see this feature come to the iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's veryy doable!! since there is already an app on the appstore that can record calls. but that app has a cost per minute. And even spoofapp is cost per minute which I think is very annoying. Im sure it can be done just copy the system they use and make it free!

im sure its hard to do but its still DOABLE

Thanks

wow Gonna Be Great If Its Came Out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm really wanting an app like this. I wonder if it would be possible to hook the audio device into visual voicemail somehow. Might be a path to check out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Google voice is supposed to do it but you need an invitation first

Green Apple
    Thanks

that would be great

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are a bunch of "services" out there that can do it, and they lie to you about it being an app. There's nothing internal about what the current "apps" do with voice record on the iphone. It's really no different than having a home phone set up with a recording system and forwarding all calls to your cellphone, and vice versa. Your connecting to a line that records the call, then that line connects you to who you are calling. (back in the day, these were PBX's at big companies).

The solution I'm looking for, and I think most here agree, is not a service, but an application that records the conversation by patching into the call and saving the audio to an audio file which can then be transferred to the computer. It has to be possible due to visual voicemail doing the same exact thing to record your voicemail and save it as .AMR files. Perhaps there's a way to trick visual voicemail into thinking it's retrieving a voicemail during your calls, and have it just record whatever is on the line at the time? I'm not entirely sure how visual voicemail operates internally, but to me it seems like when someone calls in, it goes to your phone and rings. If you don't answer, visual voicemail picks it up, spits out your message, then starts recording the message. When they hang up, it finishes up by saving it to a numbered file, adding a database entry for your voicemail app so you can click and listen to it. I could be wrong, but it really doesn't seem like anything is done externally to your phone with voicemail.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I agree that it should work that way. Right now I can do it with google voice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    There are a bunch of "services" out there that can do it, and they lie to you about it being an app. There's nothing internal about what the current "apps" do with voice record on the iphone. It's really no different than having a home phone set up with a recording system and forwarding all calls to your cellphone, and vice versa. Your connecting to a line that records the call, then that line connects you to who you are calling. (back in the day, these were PBX's at big companies).

The solution I'm looking for, and I think most here agree, is not a service, but an application that records the conversation by patching into the call and saving the audio to an audio file which can then be transferred to the computer. It has to be possible due to visual voicemail doing the same exact thing to record your voicemail and save it as .AMR files. Perhaps there's a way to trick visual voicemail into thinking it's retrieving a voicemail during your calls, and have it just record whatever is on the line at the time? I'm not entirely sure how visual voicemail operates internally, but to me it seems like when someone calls in, it goes to your phone and rings. If you don't answer, visual voicemail picks it up, spits out your message, then starts recording the message. When they hang up, it finishes up by saving it to a numbered file, adding a database entry for your voicemail app so you can click and listen to it. I could be wrong, but it really doesn't seem like anything is done externally to your phone with voicemail.
    From what i understand..it doesnt work that way. When someone leaves you a Voice message, the message goes to the At&t servers..and the iPhone fetches and downloads the Voicemails from the servers..as simple as that..if the iPhone just stores voicemails, wouldn't you think T-Mobile and other Carriers have Visual Voicemail enabled also on the iPhone? Visual Voicemail and Call recording is totally two different things. Visual Voicemail does the same thing the "Mail.app" does..Fetch and Store..

Now i don't know why we haven't had any call recording apps yet. It baffles me. Think about it..this phone does everything except cure aids. You're meaning to tell me i can play a full season of Madden 10 on my iPhone but i cant record a single phone call?..Pfff!

Thanks

this is hands down one of the most retard missing features on this cell. I can name at least 5 other cell phones out of the box that have this feature built in. WTF is stopping them from doing this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry new to this but there is one...but itts for israel