+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (REQUEST) Call Filtering App

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I Would Love If Someone Made A App That Lets You Filter Your Calls. For Example. (I Open The App...It Shows Me All My Contacts In Order With Boxes Next
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Default (REQUEST) Call Filtering App
    I Would Love If Someone Made A App That Lets You Filter Your Calls. For Example. (I Open The App...It Shows Me All My Contacts In Order With Boxes Next To There Names...Check The Boxes If U Want There Incoming Call Go Straight To Voicemail)... I would LOVE to have a program Like That Because I Hate When Random Girls Call Me When Im With My Girl..lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I totally agree i need this app please

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not going to be possible, at least not without the official SDK. The reason is this app would have to be always running in the background and I don't believe this is able to occur if your phone is put into "locked mode"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is not going to be possible, at least not without the official SDK. The reason is this app would have to be always running in the background and I don't believe this is able to occur if your phone is put into "locked mode"
    Actually, it might be. Firefly, which is a program that allows you to play your songs on iTunes from your phone/ touch wirelessly, runs in the background and can even be accessed while the device is locked. now it just takes someone who is will to put that much time into it.

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Natetrue(sp?) made a small app that vibes the phone every 15 sec if there are unread SMS. It works when the phone is locked...

ALSO, along the same lines:

1) Checkbox in contact properties for "Send to voicemail"
    2) Play audio file [SELECT] (then browse filesystem)

I would love to be able to record a message and have it played to the caller, then terminate the call. This should be PER contact (each contact can have a special message)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i used to have this on my nokia, would love to have it on my iphone. the idea for individual auto replies is excellent too, if your out there superman we could really do with this app!

Green Apple
    Thanks

There are several request for this throughout this particular thread. Apps are already are running when the phone is locked. The lock itself is an app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think this would be a very valuable feature. Even if it is some sort of Blacklist app where you can enter phone numbers to automatically send to voicemail, basically ignore the calls and not even blink an eye for them, whether it gives them busy signal or just voicemail would be fine.

Either select from contact list or just enter 555-555-5555 and have it blacklisted from calling you would be great.

There are a couple apps for blackberries that do that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Callfilter
    I used to be a treo user, and one of my favorite apps was 'callfilter' (only for the treo 600/650). Fantastic application.

I would pay money for something similar for my iPhone.

So many features! Check out:

http://www.velocityware.com/callfilter/cfinfo.htm

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

Actually sziklassy, it's the other way around. Apple's SDK will NOT allow background services/applications to run. That's one of the issues people have with it. Of course, it is a whole Battery issue, and I feel that should be the decision of the person installing the app.

-David

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there is an app out . it`s called iBlacklist on the hackintosh forums under native software. it works great. it will either ring 3 times then go to voicemail(your phone doesn`t ring only the person calling) or you select ignore and the person calling will hear 1 ring then it disconnects like it`s a bad number. hope this helps

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who wants to pay for that beta though?