+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome App Idea! (Netflix)

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
dunno if this has been mentioned before but how great would a netflix app be. Those of you with an acct there know what I'm talking about. An app that
    Thanks
    Default Awesome App Idea! (Netflix)
    dunno if this has been mentioned before but how great would a netflix app be. Those of you with an acct there know what I'm talking about. An app that allows you to watch those "Watch Instantly" movies on your iPhone. Not only would it be good for current customers, but that would definitely get some new members for netflix. If anyone here has some inside way of recommending good apps to real companies, please get this one going!

Thanks
    Was that really necessary?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone must have peed in Redcard's Wheaties lately...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codeseven View Post
    dunno if this has been mentioned before but how great would a netflix app be. Those of you with an acct there know what I'm talking about. An app that allows you to watch those "Watch Instantly" movies on your iPhone. Not only would it be good for current customers, but that would definitely get some new members for netflix. If anyone here has some inside way of recommending good apps to real companies, please get this one going!
    i agree. i think this program would be awesome. there are so many times i'm out and about and i hear about a movie i haven't seen and i say "i need to add that to my netflix queue" and i never remember to do it. a program like this would really help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not a video streaming app, but there was an app called iFlix that allowed you to view your queue, edit it, and lots more. It was brilliant, but for some reason the author removed it from Installer and also took down its googlecode page. I hope it comes to the Appstore, or someone gets it working on 2.0, it was one of my favourite apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cazlar View Post
    Not a video streaming app, but there was an app called iFlix that allowed you to view your queue, edit it, and lots more. It was brilliant, but for some reason the author removed it from Installer and also took down its googlecode page. I hope it comes to the Appstore, or someone gets it working on 2.0, it was one of my favourite apps.
    Maybe that means the author is prepping iFlix for an App Store release.

I had it on my iPhone before I upgraded to 2.0. It was really handy.

I think Netflix should hire the guy to write an officially supported Netflix application for the iPhone. It showed real talent and great design.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Netflix will more than likely never see an App that can stream their videos put over AppStore since Apple won't allow a program to compete with their horrible iTunes rental service.

How amazing would that be though? I mean really.... Instant Watch all my stuff over my iPhone... Incredible.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stormlifter For This Useful Post:

fonz06 (07-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stormlifter View Post
    Netflix will more than likely never see an App that can stream their videos put over AppStore since Apple won't allow a program to compete with their horrible iTunes rental service.
    Good call, I dont think Apple will ever let this on the iphone because of this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TyWebb For This Useful Post:

fonz06 (07-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, just thought I'd point out Dashbuster, my queue manager that's been around since the jailbroken days. Should be available in the App Store shortly.

Some of you may remember Dashbuster as being Blockbuster only, but it's grown up a bit, and now supports Netflix AND Blockbuster.

Take a look, I think you'll enjoy it. Send me a comment through my webpage or get in touch with me through my twitter account. I'll send a few beta copies out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

that would be an awesome app, i'd buy that fur a dollur