Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One Source Installer for All

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default One Source Installer for All
    I understand Community Sources brings together some secure but non-verified sources, however, there are still hundreds of sources which are not included in any package.

Any time you want an App, you have to add that app's source, and repeating this gets a bit annoying.

Someone should create a source with their own folder in Installer, and have other sources linked inside of it. Now these sources need to maintained and checked to be both safe and secure.

Anyone up to the task at hand?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I am pretty sure Shai's source has an installation of all sources that he keeps updated. Haven't used it in a while, so don't quote me on that

Shai's Apps: ride4.org/shai.xml

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.

Shai's source installs everything... I was looking for an App which had its own folder ie: X Sources, and then inside of it was listed all the sources.

This way, every source you would want is just a click away, instead of having to type them in.

To further clarify, if you find an App and its source is "mysource.com/xml" all you would have to do is go the "X Source" Folder and it would be listed there. Simply click on that source and its installed.

I have programmed an "info-system" that searches packages (apps for iPhone). This system works as well as user-configurable source aggregator - after free registration users can prepare their own source for the installer containing all the packages from sources chosen by themselves. At the moment there is over 100 aggregated sources. You can check the system called "drsny's plx info" at http://drsny.net/iphone/pxl/. I would encourage you to try it and let me know your feedback.
    Last edited by drsny; 03-14-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drsny View Post
    I have programmed an "info-system" that searches packages (apps for iPhone). This system works as well as user-configurable source aggregator - after free registration users can prepare their own source for the installer containing all the packages from sources chosen by themselves. At the moment there is over 100 aggregated sources. You can check the system called "drsny's plx info" at http://drsny.net/iphone/pxl/. I would encourage you to try it and let me know your feedback.
    nice job. keep up your good work

Check out Repo.sc. You can add all the packages/apps you want, to your own personal source, easily with a click.

http://Repo.sc

checked both and ended up using drsny.net/pxlinfo ... so excited that already donnated on drsny's page to keep him doing that great work

great featuress: full personalisation, search for package and add it for the next refresh, possibility to add new source by user, RSS ...

That would be nice but probably not as possible as let's say a web site dedicated to posting source's? That might be easier, at least then we don't have to search all day for a source.

try this website. Iappcat.com

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

One source to rule them all......I like it.

EDIT: check out a source Blaze Ultimate Source, it installs like 100 sources.
    Last edited by Jay316; 05-04-2008 at 09:31 AM.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone