+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sleep Timer /Play iPod as Alarm

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi Guys Well, now that I used my iPhone for quite a while (I live in Switzerland) I found three things that really bother me. Actually there are only two
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Sleep Timer /Play iPod as Alarm
    Hi Guys

Well, now that I used my iPhone for quite a while (I live in Switzerland) I found three things that really bother me. Actually there are only two that I'm really missing and one is just annoying me.
    1. SLEEP FEAUTURE. I'm really feeling in need of one. There is one in all other iPods (no Touch I suppose), why not put one in the iPhone? If any of you can could you put something together that feauture: countdown, set a specific time these could result in: either turning on "airplane mode" or "turntff" or just put to "sleep" (or locked mode, stop playing music or whatever you wanna call it).
    2. Be able to start (and just hit play on the) iPod as alarm.
    The last would be a request for the square "Orange" logo for the carrier and not the rectangular one...But thats only the annoying one...

If anyone could put that together that would be really great! And maybe I'm not the only one missing these or one of these feautures...

Cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question Me too! Sleep timer?
    I want a sleep timer, too. Is this even possible?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think those are great ideas... I am greatly appreciative of anyone who would be able to make this

Thanks

iPhone as alarm is a great idea!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just discovered the timer inside 'Clock' that will sleep the iPhone and stop playing music or play an alarm... duh, there you go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah there is a timer/stopwatch/alarm (kinda) in the clock app from apple, but with the alarm you only have some standard sounds not through the headphones.

So if someone can make an alarm app where you can select music/playlists that can play through your headphones that would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone pleyah69bjay's Avatar
    Thanks

music alarm?.. Hmm dnt
    You think music will put you sleep tighter rather than wakin you up?

Thanks

welll the alarm app works great in combination with erica's sendsong application. Send Song lets you send your songs via e-mail and also send them to the ringtones file on your iPhone. Its easy as pie to use and completley free via installer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danvicente View Post
    welll the alarm app works great in combination with erica's sendsong application. Send Song lets you send your songs via e-mail and also send them to the ringtones file on your iPhone. Its easy as pie to use and completley free via installer.
    I tried this and sleceted the song and tested but the song still didn't play. Could I have done something wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sleep Timer /Play iPod as Alarm-alarm.jpg  
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorduxo View Post
    Hi Guys

Well, now that I used my iPhone for quite a while (I live in Switzerland) I found three things that really bother me. Actually there are only two that I'm really missing and one is just annoying me.
    1. SLEEP FEAUTURE. I'm really feeling in need of one. There is one in all other iPods (no Touch I suppose), why not put one in the iPhone? If any of you can could you put something together that feauture: countdown, set a specific time these could result in: either turning on "airplane mode" or "turntff" or just put to "sleep" (or locked mode, stop playing music or whatever you wanna call it).
    2. Be able to start (and just hit play on the) iPod as alarm.
    The last would be a request for the square "Orange" logo for the carrier and not the rectangular one...But thats only the annoying one...

If anyone could put that together that would be really great! And maybe I'm not the only one missing these or one of these feautures...

Cheers
    The iPod app in the iPhone does have a sleep timer, it turns out. It’s just that it’s so well hidden that I’d never have found it without clues from elsewhere.

To set an iPod sleep timer:

1.Enter the Clock application
    2.Tap Timer in the bottom right-hand corner
    3.Set a time using the odometer thing
    4.In the ‘When Timer Ends’ menu, instead of an alarm sound, select ‘Sleep iPod’
    5.Tap Start.
    I had looked in the timer section of the clock app before — on the iPod, sleep timers are also set through the Clock menu item — but because I hadn’t explored the alarm-tone picker, I hadn’t spotted the ‘Sleep iPod’ option. Silly me, thinking that a menu wouldn’t logically contain 23 options all meaning ‘make noise’ and one option meaning ’stop making noise’.

Note that you cannot tell the iPod to start playing at a certain time. Though the Alarm function of the clock allows you to be awakened by any one of Apple’s canned ringtones, it won’t let you pick one of your own songs as the alarm sound.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeandi View Post
    I want a sleep timer, too. Is this even possible?
    The iPod app in the iPhone does have a sleep timer, it turns out. It’s just that it’s so well hidden that I’d never have found it without clues from elsewhere.

5.Tap Start.
    I had looked in the timer section of the clock app before — on the iPod, sleep timers are also set through the Clock menu item — but because I hadn’t explored the alarm-tone picker, I hadn’t spotted the ‘Sleep iPod’ option. Silly me, thinking that a menu wouldn’t logically contain 23 options all meaning ‘make noise’ and one option meaning ’stop making noise’.

Note that you cannot tell the iPod to start playing at a certain time. Though the Alarm function of the clock allows you to be awakened by any one of Apple’s canned ringtones, it won’t let you pick one of your own songs as the alarm sound.

5.Tap Start.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBito View Post
    I think those are great ideas... I am greatly appreciative of anyone who would be able to make this

5.Tap Start.

Last edited by Kalaharijack; 11-19-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Edit: Deleted
    Last edited by 5h4d0w; 11-19-2010 at 06:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Guys, check out PlayAwake in cydia, it allows you to use any ipod music as alarm and you can set it directly inside the clock app!