Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Messenger

Default BlackBerry Messenger
    Just recently, I made the switch from my BlackBerry Pearl to my iPhone. One of the few things I miss (probably the most) is BlackBerry Messenger. This program uses the BlackBerry's serial number as a 'user name' (referred to as a PIN-- device specific, by the way) and allows people with BlackBerrys to communicate easily. It's much better than AIM, and I definitely miss it alot. If one were to have their PIN and password that was originally set up, could the BlackBerry Messenger be recreated for the iPhone?
    Just a crazy thought...
    Matt

That's a good idea, I miss it too (had a curve). Anything is possible with the knowledge and patience to accomplish it. Personally though I don't think anyone cares enough about it to do it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the curve too I'd like to get my bbm back

I dont think this could be done because you will always need the blackberry backend to use the bb messenger, i have a bb and an iphone too, i wish in the future apple implement something like that but only for iPhones, that will be great.

I would definitely love to have this app if it is possible. I guess BBM only works with BB data service enabled. Maybe someone can make an IM app for iphone users that works the same way...

so many people would kill for an app that allows an iphone to link in to the blackberry bbm network and bmm with blackberry users and other iphone users of this app

i have no idea how to progam, but surely this can't be as hard as unlocking the 3g, which they have just done?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iPhone not capable of BB services. Until RIM makes a client that works on the iPhone it won't happen.

On an AT&T 8925 aka TILT (Windows Mobile) it is capable of Blackberry Connect but can only receive Blackberry PIN message, not send them. They haven't even made a full Blackberry Client for Windows Mobile yet. There are many Windows Mobile phones that support Blackberry Connect but yet their is no full client to support Blackberry Messenger.

Now this is up to RIM, you can't develop software for it, it's impossible until RIM actually finds a way to incorporate BB Connect for the iPhone.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Actual BBM on the iPhone available
    Here's a guy who figured out a way to do it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjuoswXon-Y]YouTube - First time Blackberry Messenger on the iPhone[/ame]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^^^

uhhh no! That won't work. He was using LogMeIn to control his BB through his iPhone. This would require you to have a BB and an iPhone. Defeats the purpose. Like I said before. Not possible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

well not necessarily. I have a work blackberry but use my iPhone 95% of the time for email and calendar. now if I can get BBM working then it will be perfect.

I'm going to give this a try.
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Exactly
    Exactly, the solution provides a way to have bbm without having to carry two phones around. As to if u want to have a blackberry to be anle to do this depends on u. But it was a proof of concept, and had never been done before.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's so retarded. SMH

i just downloaded an app from the app store , that claims to do the same.

its called whatsapp , its free and its based on your phone number. but it requires other iphone users to have it too for it to work

but the is a way of inviting people onto it

Just found this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3QE-krT5gI]YouTube - BBM For iPhone[/ame]

Real or fake?

Dave

When I first saw his iPhone it looked to me like WhatsApp, but WhatsApp doesn't send the messages to BlackBerry Messenger but to WhatsApp ON the BlackBerry. I've just opened his link but since I'm not from USA I can't check it. Can someone tell me if it's fake or not?

Yeah I'm not from the US too. I had no idea that whatsapp is availible for the blackberry?

In the video you can see it is actually the BBM. However on the iPhone you cant see what program it is. The smokey background says nothing.

Can someone from the US check this link yall? Get a free iPad

Thanks!

Dave

Im in the UK too, but I checked the link using a proxy and its just a referral site, nothing about the instructions, so the link is fake, but I want to know how he does it

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

fake as far as I can tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast